Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All.
I am in the process of looking at a purchasing a 2011 Sonata GLS but havent pulled the trigger yet. Car has 32k miles and asking 13,900.
I wanted to ask if there was anything I should look out for before signing the papers?
Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Look at the build date. Cars built after sept 2010 are "more desirable." There were a few minor changes made in the middle of the model year. If it has the stock Khumo tires, you're going to hate them.

$13,900 sounds too high. You could prob get a leftover new 2013 for a few grand more.

·
Registered
480 Posts
A few things, although buying a preowed "11 is cheaper then getting in a new one and might be more in you favor. You should think of a few things and do you homework, where are you buying the car from? Car fax, get a history report.. Never know if it's been In any accidents. The price 13k is kind of high don't you think, you can defiantly haggle them down. What are you trading in?
BEST OF LUCK TO YOU! Either way if you get this one or a newer one You'll love it!

In my opinion if I could of done it over again I def would of got a SE or Limited, instead of the GLS..

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Have the car inspected by a technician of your choosing.. just because they "inspected" it dont mean anything, other than it is an automobile.

The $50-100 you spend on a good used car inspection at your the shop of choice could save you from a $13,000 mistake.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a 2011 white GLS with 37,000, perfect condition. Dealer offered me 10,000 on trade in. You can probably get a lower price. Gotta say, I love my car though. I decided to keep it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I can't advise on price, but do test drive the car and push it, test brakes and steering. You want to make sure that everything is tight and where it should be.

Obviously, get a Carfax or something similar, and last but not least do have the car inspected!

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info. I went ahead and bought it at 13,900. Was kinda in a bad spot since the engine on my 05 Mazda 6 took a dump and I needed a car. So far I am happy. Guess time will tell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts