Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one adjusted there low beams up.Would like to know how on the 2012
hybrid.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I seem to recall seeing a slot on the top of the headlight pod that says something about adjust. I have toyed with doing the same thing. I would like the light to be a little higher on the roadway!!

Chuck

·
Registered
69 Posts
Not sure if its the same on a 2012 but on my 2011 there is a screw towards the bottom. Its a Philips type with a 12mm hex. Moving to the left will aim down and moving to the right will aim up. Its best to go to Autozone and purchase a 12mm wrench that has a ratchet capability as the drivers side is a PITA and the ratchet ability makes turning the screw/nut effortless. Also when aiming its best to park your car along side a very long wall in a dimly lit if not dark area. Cover the heal light that is not along the side of the wall and adjust till the cut off is as horizontal as possible WITHOUT aiming higher than level. This will ensure that you will not blind anyone from distance and keep the cut off below the side view mirror of other vehicles. Once level park the car facing the wall and adjust the other headlamp to the same level as the one you just adjusted. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts