Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little sister has a 2016 Elantra Sedan that she bought new from the local Hyundai dealership in NY and she wants steering wheel controls for her birthday so I gotta make it happen.

She has right side cruise control.

I bought the left side audio buttons with the y-harness.

I was originally going to buy a factory bluetooth unit and try to swap it but there's no microphone hole in the headliner so I'd have to put aftermarket one in anyway and she wants to add a subwoofer down the road so I figured why not just get her a nice aftermarket kenwood double din with carplay and clean pre-outs.

So I've searched this site regarding this and the consensus seems to be either the steering wheel will be all wired up for the buttons and connected into the main radio harness... Which of course I'll be very happy if it is.

BUT let's say it's not. I'm guessing I'll have to make my own harness some how run it through the steering column and splice it into the t-harness for the steering wheel control module for the kenwood.

Has anyone here done this specifically? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
you should get the below wire harness to add the audio remote. this should get the steering wheel control to main audio harness to the audio unit. You would need remove the steering wheel to get the wire harness installed. check ebay for the parts.

Steering EXTENSION WIRE Audio Auto Cruise 2011-2014 Hyundai Elantra 56190-3X250

i installed it with

OEM Steering Audio Bluetooth Switch 1P for HYUNDAI 2011-2016 Elantra MD

1 - 2 of 2 Posts