Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed seat warmers in their cloth Santa Fe seats? Either using OEM parts, or aftermarket parts?

Heated seats are not available with the cloth seats in the USA, but I think that combo is available in Canada, so I am hoping that it would be an easy retrofit with factory parts. If so, can someone tell me the part numbers I need to order (2018 Santa Fe SE 7 seater). If not, can someone recommend a brand of aftermarket heating pads/switches/etc that you have been happy with.

Thanks!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have no idea parts wise, but my base model (SE) '16 has heated cloth seats. Perhaps those OEM components are available somewhere that would work for your seats... Good luck.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
You may want to check and see if installing them will alter the way that the passenger presence system operates. Your vehicle may need a software change to insure that it operates properly or you may be advised not to install the heaters.

The reason that I suggest this is that the heating element may change how the factory PPS detects people sitting in that seat so the right side air bag system may not work as designed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You may want to check and see if installing them will alter the way that the passenger presence system operates. Your vehicle may need a software change to insure that it operates properly or you may be advised not to install the heaters.

The reason that I suggest this is that the heating element may change how the factory PPS detects people sitting in that seat so the right side air bag system may not work as designed.

Yeah, I got a quote from a local shop for $550 to put heaters in both front seats and they warned me that there is a 50/50 chance that they cannot put a heating pad on the passenger seat bottom due to the occupancy sensor. They said that it depends on the type of passenger sensor being used.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
It is something to be careful of. For that reason owners should never use an added seat cover, massage cushion, or anything else on the passenger seat. They are carefully calibrated to work properly as built and adding anything on top of or under the seat cover may render the passenger side air bag unreliable.

·
Registered
163 Posts
My son has a Cruze with cloth seats he put aftermarket seat heaters in it, while at work one day someone mentioned that there was a Cruze in the parking lot with smoke coming from it, he was lucky only the driver's seat was damaged due to the heater shorting out, so much for aftermarket add-ons.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
GB.....GM actually reduced the output of their seat heaters in recent years because they were causing burn damage to the seat covers and other seat components. The complaints of insufficient heat or taking to long to heat up have poured in ever since. The Hyundai factory seat heaters generally work fast (Usually no more that a couple minutes and I have to turn them down or off even in the coldest weather) and I do not recall seeing many issues with them when I was processing warranty claims. Well worth the trim level / option package upgrade, especially amortized over the length of the financing.....

Reactions: Good Buy

·
Registered
2 Posts
My GF wants me to install a seat heater in our new 17 SF Sport.

Researching it all now...seems daunting, but doable.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Those seat cover types may be the least expensive option. Plus they turn off when the car goes off.

My son bought a new Subaru, had everything but heated seats for the wife. The dealer said he could install those for $$$$. Two and a half years later one shorted and would not work. The dealer said it was not a factory install, so no 3 year warranty. The installer said 1 year warranty. He paid under $100 for the installer to replace it. I have always had heated seats in my cars. I always buy top of the line and never had a factory install heated seat fail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts