Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Sonata GLS

Anyone have a remote start added by the dealer? How much did it cost? Is it an aftermarket or "factory" unit? Does it work well?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
QUOTE (WalkGood @ Dec 17 2010, 10:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=380920
2011 Sonata GLS

Anyone have a remote start added by the dealer? How much did it cost? Is it an aftermarket or "factory" unit? Does it work well?

Thanks.
The factory doesn't offer the option. If any dealer installed one it would be aftermarket. I do business with car audio shops for alarms and remote starting. Search the forum a little better and you will find a long thread on alarms and remote starting the 2011 Sonata. There are units out there that work well. The Smart key and push button start complicate things a bit. It is far less complicated for GLS models.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My dealer paid for my remote starter through a deal when I bought my sonata. It's a limited and the only hassle, which isn't much is that you use the added remote to start the car and then unlock it. When the remote start isn't running, it works like normal. Personally I love the remote start especially up here in central new York winters and summers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts