Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
only way to find out is to pull off your steering wheel and have a look at the connector on the clockspring. If you have 5 or 6 pins i think it is you will be right.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Use the search function next time. The car is prewired for steering wheel audio controls so yes, it would work.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Those controls aren't quite the same as the ones that come with the North American models.. For instance, there's no 'mute' button.. (I wish there were). I don't know for sure, but it might not be fully compatible with the existing North American wiring.

Also, if you have cruise control, there are no provisions for it on the steering wheel setup shown in the e-bay link. The North American steering wheel has all the audio functions on the left side and the cruise functions on the right..

The image below shows how the N.A. steering wheel controls are arranged.. That's the one you should be looking for.

Attachments

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'm pretty certain he doesn't have cruise control because he doesn't have audio controls on his steering wheel. I've never seen an Accent that just has cruise control buttons on the steering wheel and not any audio controls.

I installed the same one from nicemotors. Don't worry, it would work with our cars. :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
krazeaznboy so you installed the controls on your base model. Did you do the wheel or just the controls, and how hard was it to install. any instruction how to install.

·
Registered
626 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello, I'd like to reach out as well on a little dilemma I'm having after purchasing steering wheel controls for my unit. Didn't come with one but the aftermarket radio I bought supports it. The product came with the wiring that needs to be mounted to the clock spring (I only have the black wire on that plug before, which is for the horn), and I thought it should wire up directly to M02-R per the wiring diagram made available here. Can someone confirm whether the following approach is actually on the right track to get this working?

1) From the plug located on the back of the clock spring, it should connect to M02-R. Pins 4 and 5 is what I need in this plug
2) From M02-R, there should be a link to M11-B. I still have this port and my assumption is that I should tap in to pins 4 and 17 - is this correct? lastly
3) From M11-B, connect those tapped pins onto my radio's remote ports (I'm assuming they're ports 4 and 8 - do I also need to tap all the grounds of this port?)

Here's the diagram from my stereo (control port is where I connected pins 4,7, and 8 - not sure if I even need 7):

The illuminations of the steering remote works - but I can't set the buttons on my radio. I also tried running a test light on M-02R and M11-B, and am I correct to expect that pressing buttons on the remote while I'm tapped on to any of those pins should light up my test light? Maybe the voltage is too low, not sure

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Worst case - is it possible that there's no wiring ready from the pin coming from the clock spring down to M02-R?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Update on the issue above: got it working now. The only issue is the Bluetooth Answer and Reject button, I was able to set all the rest of the buttons. For Answer and Reject, the head unit is detecting values 250 and 253, and it looks like it doesn't want values above 250. Is there a workaround to this? Is it possible to somehow decrease the voltage being passed by the steering wheel control + wire so that none of the keys will hit that high of a number for assignment? TIA

1 - 12 of 12 Posts