Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a base 2009 GLS FWD automatic with the 2.7. I need to go to the junkyard and get some parts- I found what I believe to be an SE (has the 3.3 but is FWD) with the Options package, as it has the leather steering wheel. I’m wondering what I can snag from a higher level trim that will transfer over easily. I’m very mechanically included ( have rebuilt manual transmissions and pulled/replaced engines) but want to prepare as I may have to have the yard pull the parts (I'd rather go to a pick your own place but I can't find any CMs easily).

I’m thinking of grabbing
  • Roof Rack cross bars - mine didn’t come with it- should be a no brainer
  • As mentioned- the leather steering wheel-
Anybody add the steering wheel audio controls? I’m not sure if the wiring is there already
  • What about the auto headlights and Foglights- wiring in place? I'd guess the combination switch would need to be changed.
  • Mirrors- bodycolor keyed and heated
  • Seats- Power/heat and lumbar support etc

The stuff with the wiring, based on similar projects on other platforms, I imagine the wiring is not there, but in some cases it actually is. Any thoughts or experience on adding SE/Limited items to a base GLS?

Anything else?
Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
191 Posts
On my 2007 GLS (2.7 V6 with manual transmission) the wiring is there in the harness for the steering wheel controls up to the clock spring from what i can tell. The clock spring also seems to be the same (double check on the part # please though). On the stereo end the wiring also seems to be there.

i don't know about the fog lights yet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts