Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I have a 2006 Hyundai Accent GL 5, 5 Door, 1.6 L, this is the Canada model so it's the same body style as all LC2 Accents.

Since it is a Accent GL it didn't come equipped with fog lights. I purchased the stock OEM fog lights online, I've noticed that there are the mounting holes behind the bumper and I will have to cut out the slots on my bumper to make them fit. I also found the stock wiring harness underneath the headlight for the fog lights.

My question is will my car come equipped with the stock fog light plug in switch on the vehicles main harness. If so where would I go about finding this plug in adapter for the fog light switch? I checked the harness around the hazard light switch but couldn't find any additional plug in adapters. If there is any other information that I may require when installing these OEM fog lights please provide your input. Its greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
669 Posts
The dash connector may not be included.

The 2 diagrams show what is involved (the Blue diagram is from 2000 but essentially the same as 2005/6).

The critical item is the Brw/Or wire from the engine fusebox to the dash. This controls the fog light relay. See if you can find that wire at the relay socket base.
If it turns out that wire is indeed missing, it shouldn't be impossible to snake a new wire thru the firewall.

The Diode Z06 is necessary to prevent feedback from the headlight circuit. You don't need the special part that was in the dash wiring; any small 1Amp diode from Radio Shack will do. If you do use an aftermarket diode, the Grn wire connects to the White band on the diode (Cathode).

You can find much more info:
Be sure to register for FREE access to the Hyundai on-line Shop Manuals. See Sticky.

Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't understand. My car has the stock plug ins for the fog lights. How do I go about running a switch off the stock wiring harness for the fog lights.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Pin #3 on the fog lamp relay goes to a Brw/Or wire in the harness and then to the dash switch.
See if there is a Brw/Or wire on the relay socket and in the harness.

EM01 is a connector on the engine fuse box.
M103 and M104 are monster connectors under the dash, roughly by the driver's left knee. It might be possible to look for the wire there.

If not, then run a new wire from the relay socket.

That one wire is all that is needed to make them work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts