Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i couldn't find a post about adding fog lights into a 2014 that didn't have them to start, if it exists please feel free to point me in the right direction, i'm new here :) :laugh:

So the question that i need answered or discussed is if the Elantra SE comes prewired for the fog lights or do i need to get the wire harness and such to run it. I also want to add in the heated seats and such, but i figure one hurtle at a time.

Thank you everyone

·
Registered
321 Posts
You can get a universal harness and tap it into your parking lights t turn the lights on. :) 881 bulbs. I'm selling mine if u want

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
941 Posts
Just going off of general knowledge on the topic and not specific to Elantra's....... Would you want an aftermarket feel to the fogs or fully oem? If oem you would also need to change out your steering wheel stalk that has the fog light button on it, possibly some wiring harnesses in the dash (not too sure on that part), wiring into the fuse box, and then all the fog wiring itself... it's quite the project.

If you're ok with aftermarket it's much easier to do as jemerbautista mentioned.. use a wiring harness from the battery (just like an HID install) and use your parking lights or any other power source to trigger the fog lights. you could have the fogs on all the time if you wanted.. also can mount a switch inside the car if you wanted on/off control for the fogs.

·
Retired Staff
11,817 Posts
I recently added fog lights to my 2011 GLS. I got an aftermarket kit that came with a wiring harness with relay and switch. You have to remove the front bumper to install the housings and wiring then wire to the battery and finally inside to the cabin for a switch. You can get a wire thru the firewall via the hood latch hole with a coat hanger and some patience. I tried several switches before I settled on this one [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B015WS4PC8/[/ame] I mounted it in one of the blank button spots on the drivers side. It was a pain to solder because it was so tiny but it looks good.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
Message to SomeGuy
I'm installing fog lights and I will be using a Stalk Switch for the fogs. I have 2 questions...
1, What switch did you use from Amazon? I want to set up driving lights in addition to Fog Lights.
2, Am I able to get the fog light display on the instrument cluster to display by getting power to the Stalk Switch positive side? or will I short the Body Computer.
Chris

·
Registered
95 Posts
Question for Someguy or anyone that knows...
I'm installing fog lights and I will be using a Stalk Switch for the fogs. I have 2 questions...
1, What switch did you use from Amazon? I want to set up driving lights in addition to Fog Lights.
2, Am I able to get the fog light display on the instrument cluster to display by getting power to the Stalk Switch positive side? or will I short the Body Computer.
Chris

·
Registered
321 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Are there DIY instructions to remove the front bumper? I'd like to install OEM fog on my base model (no fogs) GT.

·
Registered
321 Posts
There are six (three per RH/LH side) nylon fasteners on the underside to detach from the wheel well liner/belly pan, one screw per side on the leading edge of the wheel well that retains the rearmost pointed corner to the lower edge of the RH/LH fender and then all but the outer two nylon fasteners on the trailing edge of the underhood valence panel that your hood latch protrudes upward through. Once that is done, pry the bumper away at the bottom front edge of each fender. Piece O' cake!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts