Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all

I have a 2018 Value that did not come with factory splash guards installed. I bought some OEM ones (D3F46-AK000 (Front Pair) | D3F46-AK100 (Rear Pair)

So - call me dumb, but I can't seem to figure out the install for the stock splash guards / mud flaps onto a vehicle equipped without them

has anyone done this?

i assumed it would be the easiest of ventures, a few screws and done.

but the screw holes dont line up, the rear is missing a screw hole on the verticle portion of the wheel well, as well as another on the under side.

the front don't line up either, and there's an extra screw on the front, but not a hole for it on the actual mud flap. this would install fine, but like i said the holes don't even line up

my account is less than 7 days old so i cant post links yet, but:

front stock pattern: h ttps://i.imgur.com/2JUw9yD.jpg

front flap pattern: h ttps://i.imgur.com/V2IvL9L.jpg

rear stock pattern: h ttps://i.imgur.com/p07CnnW.jpg

rear flap pattern: h ttps://i.imgur.com/gQ8LO6d.jpg

·
Registered
941 Posts
They are usually never quite as easy as just popping them on. You _probably_ have to create your own holes. It's unlikely that you'd have a different pattern because of the trim level or anything like that, and the parts seem to be for 2018's as well.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I bought them for my 2017 Elantra and they went right on, no problem. two screws on the front, two screws and a plastic connector for the back. The holes lined up very easily. I am surprised to hear that you are having difficulty, as I would have expected the Tucson to be similar in this regard.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 2018 SEL Plus and bought OEM mud guards from Amazon. Found a YouTube video and it took me about 5 minutes each guard. Bolt in with no drilling. One push pin in each rear and 3 bolts. Front has 4 bolts and I used the bolts already on the car. No trouble at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts