Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I own a Venue Essential (Canada) and it doesn't come with an armrest. In USA, the SE or SEL also don't come with an armrest. For us, it makes a big difference so I bought one on Amazon (around 50$ cad). Installation was easy so I thought it could help some of you if I provide some info and pictures...

The armrest I bought (Amazon link) is good quality. It offers some storage but you will lose the original storage. The size is perfect and it doesn't overlap the handbrake or the 2 cupholders between the 2 front seats. Mine did not have USB but some model also have 4 USB and lights.

The kit comes with screws. But I highly recommand using them to screw the parts together, but not to screw to your original plastic storage. You will have to screw the "adaptor" to your original storage box but it's better to use another type of head since the screws from the kit have a bigger head which will rub to the plastic side of your seats (see pictures).

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks for the detailed and informative post! Looks like you put a lot of work into it. It never would have occurred to me to look for aftermarket parts on Amazon.

I don't really miss having an armrest. What I really do miss is a dome light between the visors. My dome light is over the rear seats where it doesn't do me a whole lot of good. Between the visors there is an impression in the ceiling where a dome light COULD go, but apparently the SE doesn't get one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chicago Jake, there is no lights in the front in the SE version? The base version in Canada has it. So maybe it's something that can be added (not sure about the price though!)

Vehicle door Vehicle Auto part Car

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi!

I own a Venue Essential (Canada) and it doesn't come with an armrest. In USA, the SE or SEL also don't come with an armrest. For us, it makes a big difference so I bought one on Amazon (around 50$ cad). Installation was easy so I thought it could help some of you if I provide some info and pictures...

The armrest I bought (Amazon link) is good quality. It offers some storage but you will lose the original storage. The size is perfect and it doesn't overlap the handbrake or the 2 cupholders between the 2 front seats. Mine did not have USB but some model also have 4 USB and lights.

The kit comes with screws. But I highly recommand using them to screw the parts together, but not to screw to your original plastic storage. You will have to screw the "adaptor" to your original storage box but it's better to use another type of head since the screws from the kit have a bigger head which will rub to the plastic side of your seats (see pictures).

View attachment 443586

View attachment 443587
I have a similar armrest in my Honda CR-Z. The mount is a different design but the storage compartment and pad is the same design. Mine is black with red stitching. Picked it off ebay for cheap. Easy installation too, looks like it belongs there. OEM was a $300 option plus install.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Chicago Jake, there is no lights in the front in the SE version? The base version in Canada has it. So maybe it's something that can be added (not sure about the price though!)
Nope, no lights in the front of the ceiling. Adding an aftermarket version would require some wiring, so would probably be expensive. Not a big deal, but it did surprise me. Since I did my test drive during the day, I never noticed it. There are some map lights under the visors, which are nice, but they don't come on automatically when you open the doors. Not a big deal, but it does seem strange.

·
Registered
2022 NX4 Ultimate HEV
137 Posts
Nope, no lights in the front of the ceiling. Adding an aftermarket version would require some wiring, so would probably be expensive.
Do u have a sunroof? If not it would take 15min at most to string a wire and solder it to the center dome. Also then it would be controlled off the same switch.

·
Registered
2020 Venue SE, 6 Speed Manual
18 Posts
Just FYI:

I have my headliner out to apply some sound dampening to the roof (2020 SE, USA). I had hoped that the wiring harness would have the plug for the front dome light, but it's not there. So if you want to add this light, you'll have to add the wiring yourself.

The good news is that the existing harness runs right past the spot where the front light goes, so in theory you could still tap into the existing wires and add the front light w/o removing the headliner....although it would be a cramped job.

I am going to tap into the wires and tape them up before I put the headliner back in, so if I ever want to add the light later I'll have them ready to go.

View attachment 443603

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi!

View attachment 443586

View attachment 443587

View attachment 443588

View attachment 443594

View attachment 443590

View attachment 443591

View attachment 443592
This link dos not get you to the armrest, if you can please right the exact link.
Thank you

·
Registered
2020 Venue SE, 6 Speed Manual
18 Posts
For anyone interested in adding an OEM console/arm rest to their Venue, I have one for sale:

·
Registered
1 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.