Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my son a 2008 Accent with no AC. It has been too hot to drive on many days so I am starting the process of procuring parts. I am particularly looking for AC hose/pipe/line assemblies and AC specific wiring. The OEM AC kit cost about $1200 and I am hoping to cut this price in half by sourcing the parts individually.

I have done several AC rebuilds on other vehicles and have the skills to proceed with this project.

If anyone has any Gen 3 AC parts leave a message here or send me a PM.

Thanks,

Paul.

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE (schultp @ Aug 18 2010, 08:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350280
I bought my son a 2008 Accent with no AC. It has been too hot to drive on many days so I am starting the process of procuring parts. I am particularly looking for AC hose/pipe/line assemblies and AC specific wiring. The OEM AC kit cost about $1200 and I am hoping to cut this price in half by sourcing the parts individually.

I have done several AC rebuilds on other vehicles and have the skills to proceed with this project.

Thanks,

Paul.

Hey Paul,

I would ask the guys at Hyundai Parts 4 Less if the have a kit for your car.... I'm thinking in buying a kit for my 2010 and in my search I found this: http://www.hyundaiparts4less.com/scripts/p...dproduct=328729

Good Luck,

DM

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (dmanotas @ Aug 18 2010, 08:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350284
Hey Paul,

I would ask the guys at Hyundai Parts 4 Less if the have a kit for your car.... I'm thinking in buying a kit for my 2010 and in my search I found this: http://www.hyundaiparts4less.com/scripts/p...dproduct=328729

Good Luck,

DM
Thanks,

The OEM kits I found through google were in the 1000-1200 price range. This kit is at the price point I was expecting. Unfortunately, it is the 2009-2010 kit which is apparently different from the 2008 kit. I left an email with this vendor to see if they can get me the proper kit at the same price.

If they can't I do feel I can get the parts for about 500-600 total with only a few parts being used (hoses, wiring).

I'll keep everyone posted.

Paul.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I now have almost all the parts lined up. Most were found used and in good condition. While I await the parts arrival there are a few questions. Please realize that I don't have access to the car at present so I need help verifying some things.

]1. Is the non-AC wiring harness equipped with the wiring connectors for all the AC components? (i.e., do they just use one harness on these cars irregardless of whether they come with factory AC?)

2. Will I need a new ECU? This car is a 2008 Accent hatchback with manual transmission. I assume not since it is a manual tranny and the driver makes shifting decisions unlike a car with an auto tranny that typically requires an ECU that is programmed with different shift points when the AC is engaged.

Paul.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
QUOTE (schultp @ Aug 20 2010, 07:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350783
I now have almost all the parts lined up. Most were found used and in good condition. While I await the parts arrival there are a few questions. Please realize that I don't have access to the car at present so I need help verifying some things.

]1. Is the non-AC wiring harness equipped with the wiring connectors for all the AC components? (i.e., do they just use one harness on these cars irregardless of whether they come with factory AC?)

2. Will I need a new ECU? This car is a 2008 Accent hatchback with manual transmission. I assume not since it is a manual tranny and the driver makes shifting decisions unlike a car with an auto tranny that typically requires an ECU that is programmed with different shift points when the AC is engaged.

Paul.

1: Yes and no. All the AC wiring stuff is there on all Accents because they sell the AC kit separately. However, it's the only harness present on all Accents for optionnal equipment. The harnesses for power windows, locks, alarm or fog lights isn't installed on cars without those options.

2: No

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. This is what I suspected. My son is bringging the car by today so I will finally be able to do a thorough inspection.

Paul.

·
Registered
108 Posts
QUOTE (schultp @ Aug 21 2010, 09:46 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350851
Thanks. This is what I suspected. My son is bringging the car by today so I will finally be able to do a thorough inspection.

Paul.
Paul: My son has the exact same car with no A/C and I have been considering doing the same thing for him. He loves the car but he suffers in the summer. I would really like to see your final parts list and hear how your project goes. Thanks.

Tim

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, my source for the used AC parts fell through. I am still in need of the AC hoses/lines, compressor, condenser, and under hood bolts/fasteners/brackets. If anyone has these and wants to sell them send me a PM. I now am planning for an early spring project since the warm weather is behind us.

I already have an evaporator and AC controls for the interior...just interested in the under hood items. If anyone is parting out a Gen 3 Accent let me know!

Paul.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QUOTE (schultp @ Oct 13 2010, 11:34 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363186
Well, my source for the used AC parts fell through. I am still in need of the AC hoses/lines, compressor, condenser, and under hood bolts/fasteners/brackets. If anyone has these and wants to sell them send me a PM. I now am planning for an early spring project since the warm weather is behind us.

I already have an evaporator and AC controls for the interior...just interested in the under hood items. If anyone is parting out a Gen 3 Accent let me know!

Paul.
bump

·
Registered
49 Posts
QUOTE (schultp @ Aug 18 2010, 08:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350280

Thanks,

Paul.

to hot? i live in florida, i understand the need for ac. I have ac, and i barely use it. i just throw the windows down and cruise.
it gets super humid as well on top of the heat. my accent is full black, everything. i understand its hot, but, gotta drive? open up car, throw windows down. air it out. jump in cruise and catch a nice breeze.
i think i use my ac thingy for heat in the morning to get the water off of my car than i use ac

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
QUOTE (Jarret @ Oct 27 2010, 08:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366815
to hot? i live in florida, i understand the need for ac. I have ac, and i barely use it. i just throw the windows down and cruise.
it gets super humid as well on top of the heat. my accent is full black, everything. i understand its hot, but, gotta drive? open up car, throw windows down. air it out. jump in cruise and catch a nice breeze.
i think i use my ac thingy for heat in the morning to get the water off of my car than i use ac
You definitely need to remove those AC parts and send them my way then! :grin:

Paul.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts