Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok yesterday I went tot he dealer because for some reason my glove box kept dislodging, they took care of it. While I was there I noticed they had a spoiler, so i went and asked my salesman how much and that I would appreciate dealer cost. He came back to me with 320 plus install (390). I looked at him and laughed and said come on you guys can do better. H ethen came back with a way better price 300 OTD. So I grabbed it, I liked the fact that it will go n with the bumper to bumper. I also had her tinted, system installed and I Hid'ed the LB's and fogs. I enclosed some pics of the wing but figured you guys have seen enough of the hid's and tints from others. If you want some pics let me know and I will add them here

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
More pics are always appreciated especially since you have the complet package all at once.

How much were you HID and were did you get them ?

·
Registered
349 Posts
I really like that spoiler I have a venetian red SE also and have been looking at the different spoilers from shark racking but I haven't made a purchase yet. I think it looks really good and definatly goes very nicely with rest of the SE package. Do you know what brand the spoiler is? and do they have anymore? My last question is how does it mount is it bolted on which requires holes drilled in the trunk or is just held with 3M Tape?

·
Registered
17 Posts
QUOTE (SExy__Sonata @ Dec 10 2010, 02:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378550
I really like that spoiler I have a venetian red SE also and have been looking at the different spoilers from shark racking but I haven't made a purchase yet. I think it looks really good and definatly goes very nicely with rest of the SE package. Do you know what brand the spoiler is? and do they have anymore? My last question is how does it mount is it bolted on which requires holes drilled in the trunk or is just held with 3M Tape?

The bummer with Shark is the spoilers aren't painted. They have some painted but they don't match the North American colors. KAI actually has a spoiler I really like but I haven't read too many good things about that site on the forum.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (SExy__Sonata @ Dec 10 2010, 01:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378550

I dont know the brand sorry, he did say it was from Korea. As for installation, he asked if i wanted it bolted or done with a special paint resistant adhesive. I told him to only use adhesive. I was ok with it cause if it ever starts to seperate i can take it back. Its dealer installed so they have to take care of it.

Your right Joey I could have bought them cheaper, but I dont have the slightest idea how to do it... lol, and i know i would screw it up. Plus i like that the work is guaranteed

By the way it is normal for hid's to slowly warm up when you first turn them on .. right?

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
looking good man! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
So here is the shark before that I got for $90. No Match so had painted, installed $120.

Took a good week as was painted with other customers small peices and the with the paint code from the car the paint manufacturer he buys from did not have the formula yet so has to inquire to get it.

Now its very close to perfect! and im happy with it. NO screws. Added extra adhesive. He said you don't want to drill holes. No matter what you do over time will be a rust issue area.

[attachment=21720:Spoiler_Before.jpg]

[attachment=21721:spoiler_after paint.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
QUOTE (Sales 101 @ Dec 11 2010, 06:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378899
So here is the shark before that I got for $90. No Match so had painted, installed $120.

Took a good week as was painted with other customers small peices and the with the paint code from the car the paint manufacturer he buys from did not have the formula yet so has to inquire to get it.

Now its very close to perfect! and im happy with it. NO screws. Added extra adhesive. He said you don't want to drill holes. No matter what you do over time will be a rust issue area.

[attachment=21720:Spoiler_Before.jpg]

[attachment=21721:spoiler_after paint.jpg]

I really like the spoiler and I am looking to buy one. Can you post a picture with the complete car from the side, rear and above? I want to see it, in those angles before I buy them. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts