Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Consumer reports says about $150, available in a few weeks. They have not tested it yet.

·
Registered
221 Posts
That actually is a brilliant idea. I love it! But it's hard to believe they have "Anti Theft Design". Looks like they are just caps to me. Unscrew it and steal all 4.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That actually is a brilliant idea. I love it! But it's hard to believe they have "Anti Theft Design". Looks like they are just caps to me. Unscrew it and steal all 4.
You will still need the receiver component so stealing them is not that attractive. Some morons will steal them for sh1ts and giggles anyway. It guess depends on how noticeable they are. Maybe a better way to make them would be as complete valve stems, have your tire guy install them.

I asked via email and they said an Android app will be out by the end of the year.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Might be worth a few bucks to try. Sounds like a neat idea! You'd just have to make sure not to let the tire guys remove them when going in for service and the like...

Their OBD II stuff sounded interesting, too.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,286 Posts
I have something like this for my motorcycle. It worked pretty good and was very accurate, but the cap transmitters were kind of bulky and a pain in the rear to get off.

I paid about 10 bucks for mine, was worth about 90 or so.

Definite improvement over the built-in system but I would worry that one would mess with the other.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts