Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I prefer to drive with it off , I have the 2.4 AWD , it feels sluggish around town . Is there a substantial gas savings or not????

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I prefer it on, more relaxing and I can just let the turbo boost do the accelerating instead of dropping down the gearbox.

I never found any improvement in fuel consumption though.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm actually using it right now, doing a 1 tank test to see if I like it.....I'm about 2/3 through the tank and I hate it. No real fuel savings I'm seeing. I'm just putting about the city and the dang thing always wants to stay in high gear, gotta almost floor it to get it to kick down a gear. Always sounds like it's lugging, which ain't good IMO.

Engines like to rev, after this test I'm thinking unless I'm on a freeway trip it's staying off. With it off the throttle is way more responsive and the low revs all the time can't be good over long term for the engine.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
so is that a diesel you have, we can't get diesel's in Canada
Yes - Hyundai's well regarded R-series designed in Germany.

North America seems to be creeping towards acceptance of diesel cars so keep the pressure on Hyundai Canada and Hyundai USA.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Off. I don't see any real savings and the minor improvement I do see is negated by how horribly unresponsive and jarring the car drives.

P

·
0 Posts
I prefer to drive with it off , I have the 2.4 AWD , it feels sluggish around town . Is there a substantial gas savings or not????

I test drove the SFS 2.4 AWD base model at my dealer. I was testing that against the Tuscon Ltd FWD. Whatever my choice was, it was intended on being our second car. While I loved the SFS 2.4 base with AWD, I too found it "sluggish" feeling. Clearly it rode nicer than the Tuscon to me. Add to that I could have bought it for a few hundred less than the Tuscon. I tried both Eco on and Eco off on my test drives in both models. I did notice a difference in the level of pep in each vehicle. With ECO off, both were quicker.

I ended up going with the Tuscon LTD, because I already have a 2013 SFS 2.0T loaded w AWD. The Tuscon offered more standard creature comforts for a few hundred more. it doesn't ride or look as nice as the SFS imho, but I love the sporty feel of it, and the FWD is pretty fast given the power plant.

Had I bought just one car, versus two, the SFS 2.4 AWD would have been my choice. It's a little sluggish, but still a beautiful vehicle and a great value. I'm rarely in a hurry to get anywhere these days anyway, so we drive both the Tuscon and SFS with Active ECO on all the time.

Enjoy your SFS!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have been using active eco mode for about 2 months now. My fuel economy has fallen from 10.7 - 11 to 10.1. km per 100 liters. ( I am in Canada). You get used to engine sluggishness. I have the 2.0 Turbo, and if you really need it, just push a bit harder on the gas and it will kick in for a quick boost. I really notice the longer time in between fuel ups.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have become relegated to the fact that the SFS is not a fast vehicle so I have used the ECO "on" for a few months now. Not sure if there is noticable difference in the mileage.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have been using active eco mode for about 2 months now. My fuel economy has fallen from 10.7 - 11 to 10.1. km per 100 liters. ( I am in Canada). You get used to engine sluggishness. I have the 2.0 Turbo, and if you really need it, just push a bit harder on the gas and it will kick in for a quick boost. I really notice the longer time in between fuel ups.
I have the Turbo AWD and I use it around town. Its just too big a vehicle to play the lane darting game safely so I leave it in ECO with normal steering setting. When traveling on the highway, the ECO button goes off and sport steering mode is engaged. Around teh city I find it a little easier on gas with ECO but on the highway, I don't feel that there is an advantage to ECO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts