Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So came by this scan tool on amazon Autel AP200. This model gives you one free car make for life so since I own a hyundai so thats what i chose, and it covers all makes under hyundai. If you want other makes its either 15.99 for android or 20 for iphones for a 1 year subscription. Or just buy more then one scanner to cover your cars. This scanner can read srs codes and clear them and do a lot of other features. Best part right now with free shipping, 20% off coupon you click on the amazon page and coupon code 45ABCDEF at checkout gives you another 45% off, with the total price of $26.10. If amazon happens to do a lightening deal on this at same time at some point today you will get it cheaper. I got mine for 23 and change the other day. This is the last day that coupon code works. They might have another in a few days. They have been having coupons every so often on this.

I was able to scan my 05 sonata and read and clear an srs code that was stored in memory. So I know it works. I thought I would share with you for anyone looking for a cheap but powerful scan tool that works.

I will update this post or at least comment in the section if a new code pops up after today. But jump on this deal quick as its the last day that code I posted works.

Autel AP200.

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
@jjq - thanks for the post. I have been looking for a feature rich / low cost Bluetooth enabled / cell phone connected OBD II scanner for a long time. This would replace my antique ELM 327 Laptop connected USB OBD II scan tool that I have been using for 7 years now.

This device seems to fit my requirements so I just ordered one. With the coupon and promo code, my purchase price was only $24.48 and is supposed to arrive in 1 day - Love Amazon Prime !!!

One question for you though. You mention that you choose your car make and then you are able to use the scanner with different models within that family. I have 3 Hyundai's , a 2012 Elantra, 2013 Elantra and a 2016 Sonata Hybrid. So will I be able to use this scanner on all three? The verbiage on the Amazon page seems to say you can only pair it with a specific vehicle for life and then pay a yearly subscription for other vehicles.

Here is what the Amazon page says: "With this obd2 scanner, you can diagnose one specific car for free and get free lifetime update permission for the specific vehicle’s software."

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@jjq - thanks for the post. I have been looking for a feature rich / low cost Bluetooth enabled / cell phone connected OBD II scanner for a long time. This would replace my antique ELM 327 Laptop connected USB OBD II scan tool that I have been using for 7 years now.

This device seems to fit my requirements so I just ordered one. With the coupon and promo code, my purchase price was only $24.48 and is supposed to arrive in 1 day - Love Amazon Prime !!!

One question for you though. You mention that you choose your car make and then you are able to use the scanner with different models within that family. I have 3 Hyundai's , a 2012 Elantra, 2013 Elantra and a 2016 Sonata Hybrid. So will I be able to use this scanner on all three? The verbiage on the Amazon page seems to say you can only pair it with a specific vehicle for life and then pay a yearly subscription for other vehicles.

Here is what the Amazon page says: "With this obd2 scanner, you can diagnose one specific car for free and get free lifetime update permission for the specific vehicle’s software."
Yeah the page is worded bad, but it will work with all hyundai vehicles and years since you will be picking huyndai as your free lifetime make. So all three of your cars are covered by the scanner. 24.48 nice, you must not have to pay tax where you live. Lucky.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, I just ordered two! One for my 2011 Sonata SE 2.0T and the other for my Ford Edge....I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Thanks, I just ordered two! One for my 2011 Sonata SE 2.0T and the other for my Ford Edge....I'll let you know how it goes.
I registered the first unit and chose the ASIA diag module for Hyundai branded vehicle lifetime support. So far I am impressed with the functions this little $25 beast supports. So happy to see the TPMS module supports direct readouts from the 4 wheel sensors including tire pressure, temperature and sensor battery status. This is great to have as I have fought sensor problems in my 2012 and 2013 Elantra's as they reached the end of their battery life.

Now i want to register the 2nd scanner for Toyota support for my Highlander. I just left an email with AUTEL support to ask if I can use the 2nd scanner on the same iPhone so I can use my single personal iPhone to support either the Hyundai's or the Toyota with the appropriate scanner connected.

I have an older iPhone 6 spare laying around the house so am thinking I may need to install AUTEL software on it and just carry that phone / scanner in the Toyota if I can't use a single phone to support both scanners.

Have you figured out how to support both your scanners for your Ford and Hyundai makes? Are you using a single phone or two?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you figured out how to support both your scanners for your Ford and Hyundai makes? Are you using a single phone or two?
I just tried installing yesterday. I agree the Hyundai features are great. I'm running into the same problem though with two devices as it does look like a phone or tablet can only access one scanner. I may put the Ford on my wife's phone...

Let me know if they give you a solution!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I just tried installing yesterday. I agree the Hyundai features are great. I'm running into the same problem though with two devices as it does look like a phone or tablet can only access one scanner. I may put the Ford on my wife's phone...

Let me know if they give you a solution!!

Received a prompt reply from my AUTEL email (good sign that they are responsive to customer support issues). Here is what they said:

Hello Brian,

You can use one phone for both AP200's. You just need to make sure the phone is paired to the AP200 you want to use.
--
Technical Support | Autel North America
Office: 631.923.2620
Fax: 631.357.3304
Email: [email protected] | Web: www.autel.com
175 Central Avenue, suite 200, Farmingdale, New York, 11735
Check out our latest AUTEL TOOLS CATALOG

I have not yet opened the 2nd unit and tried to install the Toyota package on the same iPhone. Will update this later after I try it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good to hear you guys like the scanner. At the price we got it for it def. was a great deal with so many advanced features included. I wish I could help you out with the two scanner thing on one phone. Do you have to make two accounts or can you use the same one but as they said pair it with phone? I only have one right now, I might pick one up in the future. Let me know what you did for two different lifetime coverage thing to use both.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I just finished pairing my 2nd unit on the Toyota. I could not get the software to allow me to register the 2nd scanner under my original email address for scanner #1 (paired with Hyundai lifetime diagnostic app). I simply created a new account with a 2nd email address of mine and it paired the 2nd scanner with that account and allowed me to download the Toyota lifetime software for it.

Worked out well since the ASIA diag module actually worked for both car makes, i.e. I did not need to download and install another large software package. I now just simply logout of the AUTEL MaxiAP200 app, login with my credentials for whichever scanner I want to use and everything works fine. The "saved" diagnostic reports are able to be viewed within the software irregardless of which account I have logged into - that is a plus.

My main goal was to be able to use my personal iPhone with either scanner and this was accomplished. Having two separate accounts (logins) is not a big deal to me. I plan on carrying the Toyota linked scanner in that cars glove box all the time since it is the only vehicle in the family that would ever need it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ahhh, thanks for figuring it out! I may just use the "." or "+" in my current Gmail if they allow it.

lifewire.com/easy-gmail-address-hacks-1616186

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So came by this scan tool on amazon Autel AP200. This model gives you one free car make for life so since I own a hyundai so thats what i chose, and it covers all makes under hyundai. If you want other makes its either 15.99 for android or 20 for iphones for a 1 year subscription. Or just buy more then one scanner to cover your cars. This scanner can read srs codes and clear them and do a lot of other features. Best part right now with free shipping, 20% off coupon you click on the amazon page and coupon code 45ABCDEF at checkout gives you another 45% off, with the total price of $26.10. If amazon happens to do a lightening deal on this at same time at some point today you will get it cheaper. I got mine for 23 and change the other day. This is the last day that coupon code works. They might have another in a few days. They have been having coupons every so often on this.

I was able to scan my 05 sonata and read and clear an srs code that was stored in memory. So I know it works. I thought I would share with you for anyone looking for a cheap but powerful scan tool that works.

I will update this post or at least comment in the section if a new code pops up after today. But jump on this deal quick as its the last day that code I posted works.

Autel AP200.

Ok everyone deal is back on this time a little cheaper. Amazon a coupon you clip for 30% off and during checkout add coupon code 40ABCDDD for and extra 40% off. Brings price to $20.98 before tax.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts