Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Nice! If you notice the comments on the bottom a lot of "Honda" people try and defend their car as if it was made by god himself. Don't get me wrong the Honda Accord is a good car but not the holy grail of all cars like most people there were referring it to. :p

·
Registered
143 Posts
QUOTE (OMEGA_WEAPON @ Apr 24 2010, 01:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316314
Nice! If you notice the comments on the bottom a lot of "Honda" people try and defend their car as if it was made by god himself. Don't get me wrong the Honda Accord is a good car but not the holy grail of all cars like most people there were referring it to. :p
Yes, Honda fans tend to be very fanatical about their cars to the point of being unreasonably delusional. But that is the kind of brand loyalty that keeps Honda rolling in the black and a way for them to continue to justify their higher prices. I read the same C&D article and compared to that of the one done by MT, I thought the C&D comparo was more reasonably balanced and far more informative. In the MT comparo, they seem to just repeat more of the same vague Toyota talking points about how the Camry was all this and how it just was so much of that over everything else without ever explaining to the reader why a 5 yr old design was so much better than a fresh out of the factory redesigned stunner-2011 Sonata.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Guys,
5 years ago i bought brand new Honda Accord V6 2005 model. Over 5 years i have logged on it over 130,000. ZERO problems. And i mean it. In Chicago winters are cold and summers hot, hot/cold weather had no effect on interior. Plastics are still tight and making no noises at all. All electronics are working perfect as well (not even 1 bulb went dead). This is the type of quality that keeps people loyal to makers. However, that being said, 5 years later for the same model configuration (which i got it last time) Honda Dealers were asking $3,000 more and actually i couldn't even get what i was looking for on the new car...and you know rest, Hyundai got my business... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ula no doubt they make a good brand of car :) it's just that when compared to quality strides made by other makes, Hyundai and Ford-the so-called premium that both Honda and Toyota have been accustomed to asking is going to be challenged as more and more people will think twice about paying that premium after they do their research.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would like to know how they got only 24mpg on their 400mile test. I have 1000 miles on mine and I have yet to dip below 33mpg. I got 38 on a 150 mile Intersate trip averaging 70mph. That is one of the more remarkable features of my SE.

·
Registered
258 Posts
QUOTE (11HarborSE @ Apr 24 2010, 07:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316438
I would like to know how they got only 24mpg on their 400mile test. I have 1000 miles on mine and I have yet to dip below 33mpg. I got 38 on a 150 mile Intersate trip averaging 70mph. That is one of the more remarkable features of my SE.
I agree. Hands down, best fuel economy i have ever seen in this car size... :banana:

·
Registered
87 Posts
QUOTE (11HarborSE @ Apr 24 2010, 08:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316438
Well it was their 400 mile "test" through who knows what type of driving. Also, being that they were testing the car, I'm sure they did more than a few hard accelerations and other driving maneuvers that severely lower the mpg. You only get the really good mileage if you are easy on the gas and there aren't a ton of stops. That is true for just about any car.

·
Registered
623 Posts
QUOTE (11HarborSE @ Apr 24 2010, 05:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316438
Because you aren't really "driving" your car...

Just kidding!

In So Cal traffic and with a little bit of a heavy foot, I rarely get over 25 mpg. I have 2,000 miles so far.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had a 99 Accord for the last 8-9 years and loved it. We also have a Honda Pilot and had a Civic before that. I loved the ride of the new Accord too but the bland styling of the outside and the strange looking dash (it works in the Civic but not the Accord) just turned me off. The Sonata looks better in and out, the quality is equal to the Accord, and the warranty cannot be beat. It was tough going away from the Accord, but brand loyalty cannot overcome bad car styling.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts