Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 tucson

Was in my first accident going around 55 mph on a highway, got side swiped and then started turning and hit the railing on the front drivers side corner.
was able to drive it still,but cant go over 25 or i loose control of the car. Also feels like the car has no traction at all.
took my car in for an estimate and had 10,294 in damage.

When I took it in the the shop to fix it they told me they found no other hidden damage and that the original estimate will be enough to fix it. even though the guy that did the estimate thought there was probably frame damage.

now i just got an email between the insurance/the shop/myself that they did send in the new estimate to add a R&I radiator assy and a R&I condenser.

The insurance guy asked the shop to "tear my car down more to better support damage to rails"
does that mean they found frame damage?

i attached pictures of the car
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
The only way they can tell if it has will be to do measurements at the datums points of the chassis and compare to the manufacturers specs.

Unless it's blatently obvious it could be out by a tiny amount. Over here most vehicles with anything like that insurance avoids repairing.

Most of the front is unbolt and replace if it's straight and the rails are good. Otherwise it's straightened or written off I would assume.

I've watched this youtube channel and this guy is incredible. There should be plenty of chassis straightening examples and the equipment used is state of the art ..

BlueCollarKyle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts