Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day,

First post.... Hi.

Question: The fuel pump relay is as I understand it in the same housing as the ECM on the passenger side footwell. It is however a devil too gain access too (I've looked at it from all angles) and I need to disconnect the relay in order to release pressure too allow me too change out the fuel filter (She's now on 170 000 km+). Is there a more readily accesable fuse which I can disconnect which will have the same affect, without causing ECM issues and re-calibration?

·
Banned
174 Posts
unplugging the relay is not going to release the pressure unless you are trying to do this while the car is on. If you're concerned about the pressure, look in the engine bay for a test fitting on the fuel rail and press the valve in.

as for the filter you will probably need to plug the line so it doesnt siphon out of the tank when you disconnect it.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
1. Typically you just remove the fuel pump fuse to disable the pump.
2. To discharge the pressure let you car sit overnight in garage or use the fuel pressure dump valve on fuel rail. be careful not to start after dumping fuel pressue. You can end up with fuel in engine bay. Do not perform the fuel pressure dump with hot engine.
3. The fuel filter for most Hyundai’s are internal to fuel pump inside the fuel tank, under the back seat, under access panel, after removing fuel pump, disassemble to access fuel filter.

no wonder hyundai issued service bulletin decades ago to add Chevron Techron with each 5K oil change and full tank of gas. The fuel filter is a pain in the @&&.

best wishes

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1. Typically you just remove the fuel pump fuse to disable the pump.
2. To discharge the pressure let you car sit overnight in garage or use the fuel pressure dump valve on fuel rail. be careful not to start after dumping fuel pressue. You can end up with fuel in engine bay. Do not perform the fuel pressure dump with hot engine.
3. The fuel filter for most Hyundai’s are internal to fuel pump inside the fuel tank, under the back seat, under access panel, after removing fuel pump, disassemble to access fuel filter.

no wonder hyundai issued service bulletin decades ago to add Chevron Techron with each 5K oil change and full tank of gas. The fuel filter is a pain in the @&&.

best wishes
Thanks, not familiar with the fuel pressure dump valve. I'll check it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
unplugging the relay is not going to release the pressure unless you are trying to do this while the car is on. If you're concerned about the pressure, look in the engine bay for a test fitting on the fuel rail and press the valve in.

as for the filter you will probably need to plug the line so it doesnt siphon out of the tank when you disconnect it.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
18,188 Posts
The fuel pump relay is as I understand it in the same housing as the ECM on the passenger side footwell.
I seem to remember the fuel pump relay being under the floor console on the Atoz.

Is there a more readily accesable fuse which I can disconnect which will have the same affect, without causing ECM issues and re-calibration?
Unfortunately not.
Why not just start the engine then unplug the fuel pump while the engine is running? That would have the same affect as disconnecting the relay or pulling a fuse.

Hyundai engines doesn't have one.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
Hyundai Atos Prime GLS Year 2000
27 Posts
On mine, the filter is on the outside right beside the fuel tank (only the pump itself stays inside it). It's quite accessible if you can lift the car.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
On mine, the filter is on the outside right beside the fuel tank (only the pump itself stays inside it). It's quite accessible if you can lift the car.
On 3 of my Hyundai’s the filters are all inside the fuel tank in the fuel pump assembly.

This is why I use chevron Techron with each oil change or more often if the fuel is bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.