Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Looks like some kind of inbred cousin of the Kia soul. Heck no. And I hate the smiley face grill similar to the awful grill on the new mazdas. Those fog lights would be ineffective as fog lights: the ones on the 3G accents are the most effective design - low and flat bars of light. Its time for Hyundai to step it up and put freakin projectors on the accent, even if they're just halogen projectors. More and more lower-level cars are getting halogen projectors for at least the headlights. Its time to up the stakes.

·
Registered
763 Posts
:wallbash:

·
Registered
763 Posts
leave the dam accent alone,just shape the body a LITTTTLE different but add more horsepower & more options..we dont need any cheesy ish...this angers me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a feeling that Next Gen Accent Hatch will be sweet but polarizing to some. Just like the rest of the new Hyundais.

This above is My Rendering of the ix-metro concept which will become ix25 in Europe to take on Polo Cross, and Nissan Juke. Since Accent Sedan will be badged in Europe as i25, I wouldnt be shocked if they just badged this ix25 here as Accent Hatch.

Im only preparing you guys for the inevitability. The Veloster could end up like the Accent Version of the Golf GTI

Im sorry but if Hyundai made an Accent that looked this, I would like mines in Blue with Black interior, Blue deep dish gauges, Sunroof, and leather please. LOL. No really I would trade mines in a heartbeat. Forget finishing off the payments on my MC Hatch.

I unlike the rest of you Am a BIG fan of this new Hyundai Grille and I think they should use it for now on with everything. You cant accuse this grille of copying anything, becuase it looks like nothing on the market even remotely. The other grilles get accused of copying other cars on a daily basis (Sonata), or are considered as ugly (Veracruz) or Trashy/Nasty (Current gen Accent), by many people.

This Hexagonal Grille is a breath of fresh air. I have a feeling there will be a new crop of people that will buy Hyundais and a sizable minority 30% of Hyundai owners will leave the brand. That will be made up and more however, by others who think our stuff is sweet!!!

This New Fluidic Sculpture Design Era is Hyundai's best styling period EVER!!!! Everything until 1995 looked ok for the time. 1995-1999 they got everything right. 2000-2005 Hyundais looked absolutely horrible (No Offense), and they were so horrid looking most other car companies would have deemed those cars unsellable. Accent LC, Sonata EF, and Elantra XD; oh God!!! What were you thinking Hyundai? Current gen Hyundais look nice, but they need a lot more spice (AND STILL ARE ACCUSED OF BEING COPIES), and that's where Fludic Sculpture Design will come in to fix that. At least with Fluidic Sculpture design ONLY the true Hyundai haters erroneously can accuse it of being a copy but they are now easilly proven otherwise.

I dont mean to sound harsh, but if you dont like this new Hyundai styling, then that's what KIA is for. If you dont like that, then go to another brand BECUASE I LOVE MY FLUDIC SCULPTURE DESIGN THANK YOU!!! Many people who wouldnt have even put Hyundai on their shopping lists based on styling alone before, but now will consider Hyundai agree with me too.

By the way THIS LOOKS ORIGINAL:

AND DOESNT COPY THIS:

·
Registered
384 Posts
That's pretty amazingly ugly. Unless they're going to be cheaper, faster, and get better gas mileage I'd never consider buying one.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thats the real concept

Much Faster and Much better mileage dafunk, but not cheaper, but not too too much more than they cost now either. 140 Horse to start using by GDI, near Mid 40s MPG in this.

Then again I have a feeling many of you will be Veloster takers, which is fine as that is pretty much an Accent too. They have to diversify the Accent lineup, guys. The Veloster could be like an Accent GTI while this would be your garden variety Accent hatch. Just say this could be the plan. Hyundai Plans to be the leader in small cars when $5.00 a gallon gas comes, and yes its going to come sooner than you think. The economy is poop and gas is in the $2.60s-$2.70s. When the Economy gets better gas will normally be $3.50-$3.75. When a Crisis comes that will go up to $5.00 at least. Without some kind of Accent sized product with 5 door utility, Its going to be harder despite: the GDIs, Hybrids and Turbos to make this happen.

I really think my Accent MC hatch is a blast to drive. I really do, but its not going to cut it as a $5.00 a gallon gas car for me at least. Its a $4.00 a gallon car TOPS. Its going to be sad to see that car go but its progress. I hope some kid takes my car and does a Gamma Swap to it or makes it into a Turbo.

·
Administrator
2021 Elantra Limited
3,870 Posts
I really think my Accent MC hatch is a blast to drive. I really do, but its not going to cut it as a $5.00 a gallon gas car for me at least. Its a $4.00 a gallon car TOPS.  
We've had a lot of disappointed owners when it comes to fuel economy on the MC. :mellow:  It's a cheap car to buy but the usual school of thought is that a low price of admission and high fuel economy go hand-in-hand.  You could do far worse for mileage than one of these cars, but you could also do better.

I was OK with mine (averaging anywhere from 32-36 MPG recently) but when I see pics people have posted of their YF Sonata's fuel economy display reading 36 it's a tad depressing. :grin:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hoosier, I cant wait for the upgrade. I hope the Hybrid is under $19K.

So what about the other question I asked guys. Would this be a good compromise between the 3 door lovers and the 5 door wanters?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
eh. Ugly... haha. Backing up would even be an issue. Look how small, and high up the rear window is. *sigh* Seems to me that the accent is turning into an Irobot car if they do this to it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
is that.........A TOYOTA IQ!?!?

Really, Hyundai would have had a even bigger win with the current model SE had they mated it to the 2.0 engine in the Kia Soul. Either that or added some mild turbocharging to 160hp. They really don't need to change a thing IMO. The 92-95 civic hatch didn't need much except for a stronger engine, which it could take from the integra GSR. Personally, the only thing that I didn't like about the current model accent is that the hatch looks awkward if you look at the car directly from the side, other than that, it's a great understated car. A real sleeper if the power can be gotten up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts