Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reason why I ask this question, it’s in reference to what I saw today on Autoblog.com. Ok, MINI came out recently with a series of 50th Anniversary Cars: the Mayfair package, the Camden package. In the Camden Package, there is this system called Mission Control. It is a wild system that makes the car talk. It is enough to be quite polarizing, in fact. You'll see in this Video Below what I mean.

Now, some people are already calling the Accent, "Poor Man's or the Gen Y Mini Cooper." In a good way. As Hyundai goes upmarket, they now can put even better equipment into Accent priced cars say $13K+. They have new low cost suppliers that can get premium equipment dirt cheap now. Look at that Sonata, despite the revolutionary transformation its only $1000 more than the last one.

I bet many of you have seen those new spy shots for the 2011, not 2012 Accent. Look at those spy shots, and you will see that Accent is going to be a lot more sophisticated: looking, feeling, and driving car than normal. Some of the spy shots when you blow them up look as if they have seat shine, indicating leather or leatherette material. Most of the spy shots if not obscured, indicate rear disc brakes. Not many small car competitors even the next gen ones will have rear disc brakes. This new car is going to be a very special car for us Accent fanatics, and even those who aren't.

Since Accent is going to be treated like some kind of Affordable 21st century MINI, yet still stay decent in terms of price: should we have Accents that talk too?

To a lesser extreme? With different voices?

What do you think?

MINI Cooper Camden Edition:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmX6Ns-we3M

·
1,565 Posts
Wow! It seemed like everyone that commented on that video had just about the same reaction as me.

If my Accent talked to me I'd:
1) crap myself
2) dive out of the car, moving or not
3) hunt it down and kill it real good
4)take it in for repairs, under warranty

·
1,565 Posts
QUOTE (omg grip @ Apr 20 2010, 08:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314930
I wouldnt pay extra for a talking car feature. I would however consider something comparable to Ford's Sync system.
My father in law has that in his new Focus. My mother in law sends suggestive texts such as "I love how you grab my wheel so hard" and when the car reads it out loud it is a little uncomfortable but funny.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it would be funny. Something Simple, where it only talks when you talk to it and you can shut the system off anytime. Or if you just tell it to shut up, it will shut up. Id want a chicks voice, and sometimes she would be a little fiesty with a smart comment.

·
1,565 Posts
If you could customize the voices it'd be funny. Like have a manly woman with a German accent, a heavy smoker with a hacking cough that cackles, and a really stoned guy. Or a shrill Asian girl that talks really fast, a stereo typical dumb blonde (IDK what a blonde accent sounds like, but...), and a guy with a Boston accent. Then it'd be fun, but I'd still get annoyed with it after a week or so.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, now thats what Im talking about. Id probably get mines with some chick with a Foreign Accent of any kind who almost sounds flirty, but not flirty enough to **** your girl off, LMAO.

·
Super Moderator
3,812 Posts
I see the technology has improved over the TI 99/4A-esque speech synthesis as found in 1980's era GM and Chrysler products.  But back then even as a kid who loved technology, a talking car was only briefly interesting.  Guess I'll stick with my Accent's whimsical mechanical ding-ding sound.

As far as Sync and the Kia system goes, I'd NEVER own a car that ran Micro$oft anything... "Sorry boss, I'm going to be late for work today, stupid car picked up some malware from somewhere and now it won't leave the driveway without blue screening." :laughing: 

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hear 3G Accent will be the last with: ding, dong, ding, dong, ding, dong....... As a matter of Fact Accent and Rio are the last 2 Hyundai cars on Earth I think with Ding Dong ding Dong.....

·
Super Moderator
3,812 Posts
He's not saying they don't have a chime at all, they do - everything does.  Methinks he's referring to the mechanical dinger thingy that's been a standard fixture in just about every Hyundai for the last 20-something years (or longer for all I know.)  They've been moving away from this particular part to something less mechanical over the last few years...

The new ones still have a chime, but it is now solid state.  Hyundai has integrated the chime into the BCM on their newer cars (sorry, no separate module for you chime haters to disconnect!)

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
QUOTE (hoosieraccent @ Apr 22 2010, 09:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315805
He's not saying they don't have a chime at all, they do - everything does.  Methinks he's referring to the mechanical dinger thingy that's been a standard fixture in just about every Hyundai for the last 20-something years (or longer for all I know.)  They've been moving away from this particular part to something less mechanical over the last few years...

The new ones still have a chime, but it is now solid state.  Hyundai has integrated the chime into the BCM on their newer cars (sorry, no separate module for you chime haters to disconnect!)

girls love the chime in my car, is one of the few parts that pick up chicks

·
Registered
651 Posts
if my accent could talk it would say:

"hey! stop hitting all those potholes!"

did i miss the point of this thread?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts