Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D , Hello Friends,
I am new this forum. I am now driving a Maruthi 800 and plaaning to buy a Used Car (accent). If any one can sugggest what things should i look for and how much could i pay for Different model with different Year from 2000 onwards

I look forward to your guiding mails..

Thanks

Bye

Regards
Silvius

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't know if you've been searching this site,but there's a lot of info that people are giving to help you on what to look for.There's one guy wanting to buy one and he's thinking of purchasing the car for 2900 which is a good buy for a 2001 model.

hope this helps

SOULLINK: Please do not quote the whole thread above when replying to it - this clutters up the forum :)

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
One of the problems in talking internationally about new & especially used car prices are the HUGE differences between countries.

As we are talking Accents.........the example mentioned above (a 2001 car going for U.S.$ 2,900) ........in the United Kingdom, a car of that description would retail for £2500 (that`s almost U.S.$5000!).
In case you think that`s exhorbitant, the on-the-road list price of a brand new , top-of-the-range 1.6 Accent CDX is £10,995........or exactly U.S.$21,220 !!.

Another difficulty is that some cars are not sold in all countries........for example, I doubt if anyone in the U.K., let alone the U.S.A., has ever heard of a Maruthi 800.

By the way & a little off-topic, petrol (gasoline) in the U.K. is priced at almost U.S.$ 8.00 per (Imperial) gallon..........but many readers will not comprehend just how much that is, as the concept of a gallon is alien to them. Even Americans & British people cannot discuss miles-per-gallon figures meaningfully.........because the U.S. gallon is less in quantity than the Imperial gallon!.
Australians now measure engine power in kilowatts (a measure of electricity in Britain & America!)........luckily our b.h.p. & the European P.S. (whatever that stands for!) are almost the same.

What I`m trying to say here, is that only people from the same country can really say whether a price is good or not & discuss mileages achieved per unit of fuel consumed etc. etc..

I hope somebody found that interesting!. LOL.

Sorry, welcome to the Forums Silvius!.
Nick. ;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi VALKYRIE ,

You are fully rigth that prices on a particular market should be compared.

FYI - Yes HP and PS are the same, because PS is the German punctuation PferdeStark of HorsePower. In Central Europe we use both of the parameters.
1kW equals about 1.35 HP, while
74kW = 100 HP

Best regards, Attila

1 - 4 of 4 Posts