Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I own a Hyundai accent GLS 2001 model and have driven it for 90k kms. I have been facing couple of issues with it for almost 6 - 8 months which haven’t been rectified despite several services and consultations.

Problem 1

The steering feels very heavy and maneuvering becomes a challenge after crossing 50, at times maintaining the curve of the road is tough. Initially the A.S.S gave me gyan stating that it’s because of the upgraded tyres&alloys, I have Hankook Ventus R-SZ 195/60 R14 on my ride. This went on for few services post which I consulted a wheel alignment center during which I found that the camber was 1 degree bent, which I got fixed.

Later I got the power steering pump, lower arm, ball joints, axle..Etc checked and found no issues, the mechanic who checked them told me that it might me a manufacturing defect.

I did ask them to check the steering rack/column but as per them these parts might not be the reason for a heavy steering.

Problem 2

The drive feels like as if I’m in a boat, it’s bouncy and rolls like crazy. I have changed all 4 shocks and stiffened the coil, should I change the coils too? Or do you suggest any aftermarket shocks/coils.

Problem 3

The car has very poor pickup, as soon as the car slows down it takes a good 10 secs to regain momentum(this happens in both ac/non ac scenarios).Several times I end up shifting down to the 1st gear to regain power or shut down the ac and then pull it in the 2nd gear.

I've heard the engine knock most of the times till it regains power, last week post complaining AGAIN about the pickup and knocking issues the Hyundai A.S.S guys cleaned the fuel injectors and also found that the fuel was adulterated and had a strong thinner smell(funny..I spend extra money by only pouring Shell Petrol in both my cars), they cleaned the fuel tank and changed the supply pipes too.

The knocking sound has gone post cleaning (I do remember them cleaning the injectors earlier, but the engine always knocked, maybe they used a new cleaning mantra this time) the injectors but there is no improvement in the pickup.

Should i install CAI,Headers,FFE to improve the pickup, how much would it cost me ?

I love this car and have lot of fond memories attached, I have paid a lot of visits to the service center as well as other mechanics and I’m tired and missing the sheer pleasure of driving..Friends I need help.

If any one of you knows a good consultant/mechanic for an Accent in Hyderabad, India please let me know.

Cheers,

Drive

·
Registered
546 Posts
QUOTE (Drive @ Apr 26 2010, 03:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317023
Hi,

I own a Hyundai accent GLS 2001 model and have driven it for 90k kms. I have been facing couple of issues with it for almost 6 - 8 months which haven’t been rectified despite several services and consultations.

Problem 1

The steering feels very heavy and maneuvering becomes a challenge after crossing 50, at times maintaining the curve of the road is tough. Initially the A.S.S gave me gyan stating that it’s because of the upgraded tyres&alloys, I have Hankook Ventus R-SZ 195/60 R14 on my ride. This went on for few services post which I consulted a wheel alignment center during which I found that the camber was 1 degree bent, which I got fixed.

Later I got the power steering pump, lower arm, ball joints, axle..Etc checked and found no issues, the mechanic who checked them told me that it might me a manufacturing defect.

I did ask them to check the steering rack/column but as per them these parts might not be the reason for a heavy steering.

Problem 2

The drive feels like as if I’m in a boat, it’s bouncy and rolls like crazy. I have changed all 4 shocks and stiffened the coil, should I change the coils too? Or do you suggest any aftermarket shocks/coils.

Problem 3

The car has very poor pickup, as soon as the car slows down it takes a good 10 secs to regain momentum(this happens in both ac/non ac scenarios).Several times I end up shifting down to the 1st gear to regain power or shut down the ac and then pull it in the 2nd gear.

I've heard the engine knock most of the times till it regains power, last week post complaining AGAIN about the pickup and knocking issues the Hyundai A.S.S guys cleaned the fuel injectors and also found that the fuel was adulterated and had a strong thinner smell(funny..I spend extra money by only pouring Shell Petrol in both my cars), they cleaned the fuel tank and changed the supply pipes too.

The knocking sound has gone post cleaning (I do remember them cleaning the injectors earlier, but the engine always knocked, maybe they used a new cleaning mantra this time) the injectors but there is no improvement in the pickup.

Should i install CAI,Headers,FFE to improve the pickup, how much would it cost me ?

I love this car and have lot of fond memories attached, I have paid a lot of visits to the service center as well as other mechanics and I’m tired and missing the sheer pleasure of driving..Friends I need help.

If any one of you knows a good consultant/mechanic for an Accent in Hyderabad, India please let me know.

Cheers,

Drive
When was the last time the car had a tune up?

·
Registered
550 Posts
rsquared is right, any car can be modded but you must complete the replacement of new parts when linked with other same function parts . If you change the shocks then at the same time you should have changed the springs . The purpose of the shocks is to stabilize and cushion the car from road imperfections (pot holes ) the springs hold the car up as well as stabilize it . both parts work as a team and should be changed at the time :thumbsup:
You should be very careful when it comes to engine pre ignition conditions due to prolonged pinging can and will lead to piston head failure ( the pre ignition will burn a hole through the head of one or more of your engines piston heads) if left unresolved.
when was last time you had your fuel filter changed . that ca also lead to the loss of get up and go. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I have an Accent GLS 2000 with CNG, I am having a big problem in pickup, and coz of this reason I have tried to invest lots of money, changed pipeline, fuel pump, even tried changing fuel motor from the new fuel pump, cleaned throttle body, I mean did everything what a mechanic could do, even changed ECM wiring, all 6- sensors are fine, mechanic tried exchanging every part from other working ACCENT car, and every part is fine. Its working very much fine on CNG..... but pickup is too bad on PETROL. please help what could be the reason

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I have an Accent GLS 2000 with CNG, I am having a big problem in pickup, and coz of this reason I have tried to invest lots of money, changed pipeline, fuel pump, even tried changing fuel motor from the new fuel pump, cleaned throttle body, I mean did everything what a mechanic could do, even changed ECM wiring, all 6- sensors are fine, mechanic tried exchanging every part from other working ACCENT car, and every part is fine. Its working very much fine on CNG..... but pickup is too bad on PETROL. please help what could be the reason
Hi, is your issue resolve, could you please guide me how you got it sorted. since i am facing the same issue with my Accent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts