Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting this in Ocean Blue tomorrow latest Friday here in Jamaica. It is my second car ever...I'm still relatively a "new" driver.

This is my second Accent. I owned the 2012 I got last November 2012 and unfortunately my lack experience got the better of me and I had some judgement issues...it all sadly came to my running off the road August 2013 due to falling asleep one night and nearly lost my life. Thankfully I made it out, virtually unscathed. Vehicle totalled.

Fast forward and I see they've made some changes to the car, some I like some I don't but it's the best I can find that appeals to me in this class.

Changes noticed:

- New headlights
- New rims
- Key now has hold for trunk release
- Dashboard changes (LED colour scheme, says Goodbye when car shuts off)
- Centre console removed for flat cup holders and a single driver's armrest that goes up/down (I don't like this)
- Leather wrapped steering wheel
- Seat cloth is different
- Parking sensor (I guess, though to me unless it's a camera it's useless lol)
- Metal elements on the interior door handles (I can't recall this previously)

Everything else remains the same from what I see. All in all I am looking forward to it and I pray this time around I have an incident free year (my premium depends on it).

Anyone else has this model?

·
Registered
125 Posts
not sure if your car meets the same emission and other regs as usa models. hence, can not answer your question yet. I haven't seen one (2014) at a usa dealer yet.

my two accent sedans are 2012 and 2013 gls sedans. only way I can tell them apart are due to colors.

btw, I hope they changed/improved the upholstery.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
For some reason, the RB Accent's options and trim levels vary greatly by country.. That makes it hard to do direct comparisons.

You should post some pictures of your new ride.. I'm sure everyone here would love to see a 2014 model.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts