Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i was wonderering if anyone could help me. i pwn a 1997 hyundai accent 1.3si and having a good knowledge of cars i noticed white forming on the oil cap i also noticed that during my last service they had overfilled with oil so on returning to the dealership after doing about 500 miles after the service i questioned them about the oil and was told it was because the car has an alluminium head and condensates though i had never seen the white before on the oil cap. should i believe them? and what should i do?
thanx
rob

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'd advise you monitor your oil level for now - check it once a week and see if it's going down too quickly.

I've just had a quick scan through the troubleshooting section of my Hyundai manual and there are several different things that could cause this - but a lot are related to oil loss so see if you are loosing oil first - and how quickly.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The other thing to keep an eye on is the coolant level - if there is a blown gasket somewhere, coolant could be miving with the oil. This would cause the white sludge you are seeing.

What is on the oil filler cap is only a small amount of what is acutally in the engine so you may need to get an engine flush as well and then montr things from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts