Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My accent is showing P717 codes. Stopping and restarting the engine will fix the shifting problem. I have read the comments about the possible fixes. I'm disabled so taking off the tire and access panel off to get to the sensor would be a problem for me. I'd like to clean and inspector the connector. Is that accessible from the top of the engine? And if that doesn't fix it, can I change the sensor from the top?

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
My accent is showing P717 codes. Stopping and restarting the engine will fix the shifting problem. I have read the comments about the possible fixes. I'm disabled so taking off the tire and access panel off to get to the sensor would be a problem for me. I'd like to clean and inspector the connector. Is that accessible from the top of the engine? And if that doesn't fix it, can I change the sensor from the top?
The easiest way is to go from the side. If that's not possible you may need to have it fixed at a shop.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So where is the connector? That is the first thing I would like to try. If its just a poor connection, that would be the easy fix. Anyone have a picture of what I am looking for?

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
So where is the connector? That is the first thing I would like to try. If its just a poor connection, that would be the easy fix. Anyone have a picture of what I am looking for?
I don't have a picture but it's on the top of the transmission at the bell housing. You can likely get at it from the top but you'll have to remove a bunch of stuff. Most likely the battery and it's tray as well as intake components.
BTW if you can change a tire you can do this from the side. If you can't get up and down the top is possible. Check it out and see if it's feasible. Should be able to spot the sensor without removing much if anything.

Reactions: bulletdog

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for comments. I have been searching for the sensor. Its confusing what I need. I would like to have a sensor sitting here when I start working on it. Just in case. Some of the sensors are shown with and without a cable. Where can I find the OEM part number. Thanks again!

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Thanks for comments. I have been searching for the sensor. Its confusing what I need. I would like to have a sensor sitting here when I start working on it. Just in case. Some of the sensors are shown with and without a cable. Where can I find the OEM part number. Thanks again!
What year and engine is in your Accent? @sbr711 he double posted. It's a 2009 Accent. Can you get the part number for the tranny input speed sensor for this guy? Also, would you have a picture of it's location for him?

We both thank you.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
What year and engine is in your Accent? @sbr711 he double posted. It's a 2009 Accent. Can you get the part number for the tranny input speed sensor for this guy? Also, would you have a picture of it's location for him?

We both thank you.
5:22am,, call dealer part dept..

Have VIN, they can look it up.. likely not be stock part at dealer level anymore, they order from region PDC

Quick visual at Techinfo says it 2 seperate part,, PG-A & PG-B,, where previous Gen had both on 1 harness..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't have a picture but it's on the top of the transmission at the bell housing. You can likely get at it from the top but you'll have to remove a bunch of stuff. Most likely the battery and it's tray as well as intake components.
BTW if you can change a tire you can do this from the side. If you can't get up and down the top is possible. Check it out and see if it's feasible. Should be able to spot the sensor without removing much if anything.

I found the connectors. They are on top of the Transmission, just under the airbox. Cleaned and reseated them. So far so good. Thanks for your help.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
I found the connectors. They are on top of the Transmission, just under the airbox. Cleaned and reseated them. So far so good. Thanks for your help.
I'm glad you found it easily.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts