Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(

I have a 96 Hyunday Accent. The car is in great chape. Every thing works fine. The car is very economic (36 mpg on freeway) and the engine runs strong without any problem.

Recently I've changed the O2 sensor due to an "check engine" displayed on the dashboard. I've reseted the code with a Scaner and the "check engine" light gone and the scaner is showing, there is no code error.

The problem is, whenever I try to do a smog test, the car fails to pass with this diagnostic:

Compreensive visual inspection: Pass
Emission Test: Pass
Functional Check: Fail - The vehicle failed the MIL/Check Engine Light due to failure to successfuly complete all OBD selt Tests.

What can be done more? The scaner or the check engine light are teling me, there is no problems, but the smog station test fail.

:( :huh: :eek:

FDR

PS: The airbag ligh is on in the dash board. There is any link between the OBDII failure and the air bag ligh?

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Your besat bet would be to take it to a garage to get the smog problem fixed.

As for the airbag light - if it is always on or keeps flashing all the time then there is a fault with the airbag and it should be taken to a dealer to be repaired / replaced. I would not advise playing with the airbag yourself as you may set it off and hurt yourself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts