Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As enthusiasts, we all want to customize our vehicles so that they are perfect to us. So as the titles says, what do you consider to be the Must Do's to mod your Accent out... air intake, exhaust, wheels/tires, suspension, short shift kit...etc?

David

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I like to keep the exterior as clutter free and stock as possible. I don't like visors, bug deflectors, mudflaps, license plate frames, fake vents, spoilers, sharkfin antenna...

Wheels are IMO the most important part when modifying the exterior of a car. I've seen lots of nice car that looked bad with the wrong wheels. Wheels should complement the look of a car and flow with its lines (round car=rounder wheel design, squarish car=more angular design). They should also be somewhat period correct. Offset and size are two key components to make the right wheels look even better. Get them wrong and it'll look goofy. The right sized tires is also important. I see too many cars leave the dealership with horrible aftermarket wheels (RTX anyone?) with the stock baloon tires.

Next and often one of the first thing I mod is the stereo. OEM hu and speakers are adequate to 95% of motorists but they really don't cut it for me. I want good, clean sound even if I raise the volume high. I also enjoy the added USB/Ipod compatibility my Pioneer HU offers. No CD for me.

Then would come the engine/suspension/brake upgrades but the aftermarket is so limited on these cars it's depressing.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I saw someone mod their Accent's antenna to be a fourth of the stock's original size.  I thought that was pretty cool. 

Also, rondy_ made a DIY for Xenon headlights.  Now they look sick.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have to say, you should paint your interior, to the color you like, or the scheme your wanting your car, like mine is black and red, so the fascia around my radio is red, around the air controls, red, my grill, red, it gives it that different look with not having to put money in to it, just time and patience, which is free

·
Registered
664 Posts
i am a firm believer of using a bra for the front end of yer car.. they look good on this car (mine is the platinum silver) and they help protect it, just make sure to take it off and clean it on a regular basis.
my car was a base model 2 and 1/2 years ago and it didnt come with a radio or a/c, a good radio is probably a must! something with an aux input jack or a usb port for memory sticks for music.. but it doesnt HAVE to be fancy, just functional, IMO...

keep it clean, change the oil regularly, and take care of it and it will take care of you!

·
Registered
810 Posts
QUOTE (Torbo1 @ Aug 4 2010, 03:47 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347016
i am a firm believer of using a bra for the front end of yer car.. they look good on this car (mine is the platinum silver) and they help protect it, just make sure to take it off and clean it on a regular basis.
my car was a base model 2 and 1/2 years ago and it didnt come with a radio or a/c, a good radio is probably a must! something with an aux input jack or a usb port for memory sticks for music.. but it doesnt HAVE to be fancy, just functional, IMO...

keep it clean, change the oil regularly, and take care of it and it will take care of you!
Regular bras are terrible. They look like crap, they usually require a bit fight to fit right if you're not used to them, they scratch up your paint and once you remove it the paint fade becomes extremely noticeable. Clear bras are the only way to go and only cost a one or two hundred dollars more than a regular bra, and the only complaint leveled against them (that they yellow over time) can be cured with a chemical, though if you wash your car regularly it won't yellow. It turns 'yellow' because dirt simply stains it. I've had my clear bra on my car for two years now and it hasn't yellowed a bit yet. Basically, don't cheap out on an inferior product...

·
Registered
133 Posts
I want to remove the 'WARNING" sticker on the visor...
Anyone remove them? How did you/would you remove them?
I heard with an iron and wet cloth....?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
QUOTE (Mogal @ Aug 4 2010, 09:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347215
Aren't they printed on the visors? When I took a look they seemed impossible to remove. I'd be weary of damaging the visor material.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
I would say tye Shift Kit, thats includes the short throw shift, the base bushing kit and the the cable shift bushing. Those 3 things made a drastic change on shifting, now is more smooth and precise on every shift. If those were available when i bought i would have done them the moment i bought the car(the last 2 kits are available because of me..thank you thank you :D)

Just when you do it, remember how ur shifting was because you wont have that anymore. of course if you have MT :)

·
Registered
763 Posts
stage 2 clutch
short shifter
full exhaust
shark fin antenna
PAINT THE HORRID TAILLIGHTS!!!

·
Registered
515 Posts
17-18" wheels
Short ram intake
strut bar
tinted windows
ground effects kit!!!!
cat-back exhaust
new head unit w/ subwoofer
lowering springs
retrofit projections headlights
shark fin antenna

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
QUOTE (Mogal @ Aug 4 2010, 09:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347215
I did this. It was such a pain in the butt to do though that I wouldn't reccommend it. In fact, I only did the driver side and didn't even bother trying on the passenger side. What I did was took a cloth that I soaked in Goo-Gone, secured it to the face of the sticker and let it sit for approximately 20 minutes. Then peel what you can (tiny pieces come off, it's not conveniently 1 piece) and then repeat. I think what they used (on the 09 atleast), was a clear sticker and it seems to be ironed on or something. More pain than it is worth, IMO.

QUOTE (audobon @ Aug 18 2010, 10:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350328
stage 2 clutch
short shifter
full exhaust
shark fin antenna
PAINT THE HORRID TAILLIGHTS!!!
Really?? The tail lights are one of my favourite parts of the car. I think they look awesome in stock form.

I would definitely say window tints are up there. And de-badge.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Also, it might be important to note...I am not sure what requirements are needed to safety a vehicle (if the stickers are required to be present, for example). I know that for car re-sale, they need to be present. I am sure you would be able to get replacements somewhere if need be...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts