Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I have found a company that claims to make coilovers for all four corners of the car. Our cars have rear axle beam its called? Its the big beam with two springs and two shock absorbers mounted individually.
My friend has a collection of Nissan 300Z's and has told me even his car was swapped from coil/shock to coilover in the rear. The coilover just bolts where the shock used to go and that supports all the weight of the vehicle.
My question is, can the vehicles body support this swap? With no weight in the trunk I think its likely to work. However I always have 200+ lbs in the trunk.
Thanks

EDIT: I should mention, this isn't for lowering. It is for stiffness adjustability. Car will stay factory height or maybe slightly lowered only for fuel economy increasing.
D2 Racing is the company

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Hi I have found a company that claims to make coilovers for all four corners of the car. Our cars have rear axle beam its called? Its the big beam with two springs and two shock absorbers mounted individually.
My friend has a collection of Nissan 300Z's and has told me even his car was swapped from coil/shock to coilover in the rear. The coilover just bolts where the shock used to go and that supports all the weight of the vehicle.
My question is, can the vehicles body support this swap? With no weight in the trunk I think its likely to work. However I always have 200+ lbs in the trunk.
Thanks

EDIT: I should mention, this isn't for lowering. It is for stiffness adjustability. Car will stay factory height or maybe slightly lowered only for fuel economy increasing.
D2 Racing is the company
I have D2 coil overs on my MC Accent, no issues here with weight in the rear and I’m lowered about 2 inches in the rear, I still have full travel of the strut, though it’s rarely used because it’s so stiff.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have D2 coil overs on my MC Accent, no issues here with weight in the rear and I’m lowered about 2 inches in the rear, I still have full travel of the strut, though it’s rarely used because it’s so stiff.
Thanks so much for the reply. Am I correct when I assume that they just mount where the shocks currently are and the stock springs are entirely removed? That's my final question about it.
Thank you again, very helpful

1 - 4 of 4 Posts