Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have issue regarding accent 2010 company Lpg fitted. Mechanic conferms fuel pump out of order and we changed it. It worked for 4 days then again same problem occoured. Fuel pump was not working then he find out power issues. We have shown to company they are tellng about Lpg ecu problem and they are not sure even. So any expert help? DSC_0114.JPG

Sent from my D2302 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
It's difficult to understand your initial post. What do you mean by "power issues"? You need to be more explicit about what symptoms you are experiencing and any other relevant information you have (e.g. diagnostic data).

Others on this forum may be able to confirm whether there are ECU updates for the 2010 Accent. Nevertheless, if you've already taken it to a professional mechanic then it's on them to find and fix the issue(s), in my view.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,581 Posts
We have issue regarding accent 2010 company Lpg fitted. Mechanic conferms fuel pump out of order and we changed it. It worked for 4 days then again same problem occoured. Fuel pump was not working then he find out power issues. We have shown to company they are tellng about Lpg ecu problem and they are not sure even. So any expert help?
LPG is liquid propane gas??
The gas is under pressure??
So why would you need a fuel pump??

If fuel pump was changed and then stopped working
Got to look at the wiring ... circuit schematics

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LPG is liquid propane gas??
The gas is under pressure??
So why would you need a fuel pump??

If fuel pump was changed and then stopped working
Got to look at the wiring ... circuit schematics
Actuly im from india. Here we have petrol & desel cars but hyundai has also launched lpg fitted option so basically we can choose the fuel to run the car. But problem is hyndai engines use petrol to start and then it moves to gas. Here im facing the problem with Lpg ecu (liqified petroleum gas) tecqnicians are tellng that wuld be out of order (ecu) and they are nt sure abt it. And the product is also not available.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's difficult to understand your initial post. What do you mean by "power issues"? You need to be more explicit about what symptoms you are experiencing and any other relevant information you have (e.g. diagnostic data).

Others on this forum may be able to confirm whether there are ECU updates for the 2010 Accent. Nevertheless, if you've already taken it to a professional mechanic then it's on them to find and fix the issue(s), in my view.
Actuly im from india. Here we have petrol & desel cars but hyundai has also launched lpg fitted option so basically we can choose the fuel to run the car. But problem is hyndai engines use petrol to start and then it moves to gas. Here im facing the problem with Lpg ecu (liqified petroleum gas) tecqnicians are tellng that wuld be out of order (ecu) and they are nt sure abt it. And the product is also not available.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,298 Posts
If petrol is used to start the engine I'm not sure how the technicians are suspecting a fault with the LPG ECU. It's the petrol ECU that controls the fuel pump. If I was diagnosing the problem, I would treat it just like any other non start fault and totally disregard the LPG system for the moment.

When I go to a car that is cranking but not firing there are three very quick initial checks I do :
Check that the CEL (Check Engine Light) illuminates when the ignition is first switched on.
Check to see if there is spark at the plugs.
Check to see if the fuel pump relay is being activated DURING CRANK.
What you find as a result of these initial checks usually gives you a pretty good clue where the fault lies.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actuly sir. Its company fitted lpg kit so it takes petrol to start and then moves to gas because of single injectrs for both fuel. Now problem is fuel pump is not making pressure to send fuel to injectors. So it is not starting but it is crancking.
1Chech engine light is not blinking so the main ecu is fine. I think so.
2 coil are giving spark.
3 all relay been checked with fuel pump relating.
3 all wiring is been checked no fault.
Tecnician told that power is nt coming to fuel pump like voltage issue. So they are tellng abt lgp ecm. And its different from main ecu.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If petrol is used to start the engine I'm not sure how the technicians are suspecting a fault with the LPG ECU. It's the petrol ECU that controls the fuel pump. If I was diagnosing the problem, I would treat it just like any other non start fault and totally disregard the LPG system for the moment.

When I go to a car that is cranking but not firing there are three very quick initial checks I do :
Check that the CEL (Check Engine Light) illuminates when the ignition is first switched on.
Check to see if there is spark at the plugs.
Check to see if the fuel pump relay is being activated DURING CRANK.
What you find as a result of these initial checks usually gives you a pretty good clue where the fault lies.
All are fit working properly.. Can u suggest anything else

·
Registered
15,298 Posts
All are fit working properly.. Can u suggest anything else
If the fuel pump relay is being activated but the pump isn't running then I would suggest you check the power supply to the pump relay. Remove the pump relay and use a voltmeter to check that the '30' terminal on the relay socket in the fusebox has 12V.

If the voltage is correct then you might try a bypass test on the pump relay to see if that makes the fuel pump run. Remove the pump relay from the fusebox and use a short link wire to bridge the two terminals on the relay socket as shown below.

If the relay is being activated DURING CRANK,
and the terminal '30' voltage is good,
and the pump runs when the relay is bypassed,
all this is telling you the pump relay is faulty.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,581 Posts
Test to see if it is a fuel system issue
Spray starter fluid or use some of the LPG to start the engine by putting some into the intake
Remember not too much nor too little or it will not start

Sounds like company installed the LPG system after-market??
So what tells the fuel pump to stop after the fuel is switched to LPG??
Also why use petrol to start??

Sorry, but it just sounds so convoluted a way to start and run an engine

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Test to see if it is a fuel system issue
Spray starter fluid or use some of the LPG to start the engine by putting some into the intake
Remember not too much nor too little or it will not start

Sounds like company installed the LPG system after-market??
So what tells the fuel pump to stop after the fuel is switched to LPG??
Also why use petrol to start??

Sorry, but it just sounds so convoluted a way to start and run an engine
Yes. We bypassed it and still not working all wiring is checked. But when we directly connected the pump to battery the pump is working. And even we changed relay then also it is nt wrking. Shuld we check the power being receved by source.

·
Registered
15,298 Posts
We bypassed it and still not working
And did you check the pump relay power supply (the '30' terminal on the relay socket)?

I don't understand why your technicians are saying the LPG ECU is faulty. How does the ECU figure in with this fuel pump circuit fault?

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,581 Posts
Yes. We bypassed it and still not working all wiring is checked. But when we directly connected the pump to battery the pump is working. And even we changed relay then also it is nt wrking. Shuld we check the power being receved by source.
A statement like "All wiring is checked" doesn't mean much
It doesn't tell me what was done or how it was done
So, how do I tell if it was done right?

Directly hooking up power to fuel pump says the pump is working
It also says the wiring is faulty .. somewhere.
As Autospark says, check the fuel pump relay.
See if the problem is on the load side of the relay (fuel pump side)
Or if the problem is on the control side of the relay (ignition switch, ECU)
Don't say it was checked. Tell us what was done.
Example, putting a short across pins 30 to pin 87 of the relay as seen in Autosparks's illustration.
Does the pump run or not?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A statement like "All wiring is checked" doesn't mean much
It doesn't tell me what was done or how it was done
So, how do I tell if it was done right?

Directly hooking up power to fuel pump says the pump is working
It also says the wiring is faulty .. somewhere.
As Autospark says, check the fuel pump relay.
See if the problem is on the load side of the relay (fuel pump side)
Or if the problem is on the control side of the relay (ignition switch, ECU)
Don't say it was checked. Tell us what was done.
Example, putting a short across pins 30 to pin 87 of the relay as seen in Autosparks's illustration.
Does the pump run or not?
No. It didnt run.

·
Registered
15,298 Posts
putted a short across pins 30 to pin 87 of the relay as show in above illustration. Still problem persist. Pump didnt work.
Yes, you told us that already. What I asked in reply was did you check the pump relay power supply (the '30' terminal on the relay socket)?

If the relay power supply is good but the pump doesn't run when the link is inserted, that means the wiring between the relay and the pump must be open circuit/broken.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, you told us that already. What I asked in reply was did you check the pump relay power supply (the '30' terminal on the relay socket)?

If the relay power supply is good but the pump doesn't run when the link is inserted, that means the wiring between the relay and the pump must be open circuit/broken.
Actuly. We check a small led bulb with wiring between fuel pump relay and fuel pump. But bulb is working. And fuel pump is not.. Culd it be problem with ecu?

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,581 Posts
No. It didnt run.
So the short between pin 30 and 87 did not make the fuel pump run?
Then must check for power and grounds at pins 30 and 87

Actuly. We check a small led bulb with wiring between fuel pump relay and fuel pump. But bulb is working. And fuel pump is not.. Culd it be problem with ecu?
Using led bulbs require the polarity to be right or you will get false readings.
Was there power going from the relay to the fuel pump?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So the short between pin 30 and 87 did not make the fuel pump run?
Then must check for power and grounds at pins 30 and 87

Using led bulbs require the polarity to be right or you will get false readings.
Was there power going from the relay to the fuel pump?
Actuly it was spark betwen 30 and 87 terminal .but fuel pump did nt run.. Ya the ground could be problem. How can i check if it is missng

1 - 20 of 31 Posts