Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching online for anything that will make my car faster. Yeah I know a turbo kit is probably the best thing. But what if there are more ways to make the engine better and all... well I found a website importperformanceparts.net and I searched for engine kits and i happened to find a kit for Hyundai Accents 01-08... kinda weird. but yeah my accent is 2007 so it falls in there. Im just asking if anyone who is good with cars, or has alot of knowledge with cars and performance, to let me know. Im sure the engine kit will give my car great gains, and plus a turbo kit on top of that will make it a pretty mean car. But anyone who knows more, or can look more into it let me know! i wanna make my accent bad ****. and start an accent trend! haha so far i have a short ram intake and 4-1 megan racing headers. and im about to get an exhaust system done at a muffler shop in a day or two. please hit me up! =]

·
Registered
157 Posts
QUOTE (anjru @ Apr 24 2010, 02:34 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316240
I have been searching online for anything that will make my car faster. Yeah I know a turbo kit is probably the best thing. But what if there are more ways to make the engine better and all... well I found a website importperformanceparts.net and I searched for engine kits and i happened to find a kit for Hyundai Accents 01-08... kinda weird. but yeah my accent is 2007 so it falls in there. Im just asking if anyone who is good with cars, or has alot of knowledge with cars and performance, to let me know. Im sure the engine kit will give my car great gains, and plus a turbo kit on top of that will make it a pretty mean car. But anyone who knows more, or can look more into it let me know! i wanna make my accent bad ****. and start an accent trend! haha so far i have a short ram intake and 4-1 megan racing headers. and im about to get an exhaust system done at a muffler shop in a day or two. please hit me up! =]
its kinda cool the they have it for our car but if u are wanting to go with a turbo ,,,,, ure gonna want lower compression 9-1 even better 8.5-1 lower the compression the more boost u can trow at it .....

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
I just search on the site and i dont even see accent on greedy turbo kits.

You have to consider that is not only a turbo kit you need to slap in, you will also need some type of management on your ecu, like a piggyback, that way you will be able to adjust it. if you look on KFX, their kits comes with everything.

·
Registered
724 Posts
That is definitely the internals you'd want with a turbo.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
QUOTE (TwitchAutoSystems @ Apr 24 2010, 09:34 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316282
That is definitely the internals you'd want with a turbo.
The AlphaII already has forged connecting rod. IMO it's safe to assume the internals are strong enough to handle a well tuned 200hp setup. The clutch is the main issue. In a desperate move, you could stack headgaskets if you can't afford a custom spacer to lower compression.

Like I already said before, when you mod a car, you need to start from the bottom up. Wheels/tires, brakes, suspension then engine. A 200hp accent with stock brakes isn't smart.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
QUOTE (burnitwithfire @ Apr 24 2010, 10:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316291
Like I already said before, when you mod a car, you need to start from the bottom up. Wheels/tires, brakes, suspension then engine. A 200hp accent with stock brakes isn't smart.
That is a smart thinking, sometimes people think slapping a turbo and then you are done....wrong!...its always a trial and error.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts