Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering what you guys do for times in the quarter mile and whats been mods have been done to get those times?
60 foot times would be nice to know too.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
i know there been couple Accent who have done it but the 2 i remember is Dustin and Kevin. They have also posted a video Dustin beating Kevins accent :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
my accent ran a 19.5 bone stock when i raced dustin but that fool sprayed on me so i think he ran a 17 something my second time on the track with new e3 plugs fresh oil change no muffler and new intake set up ran 18.5 in the 1/4 dont remember the 0 to 60 but my new set up will change the game i think this weekend at the track i will save the numbers for you guys :banana:

·
Registered
1 Posts
i try mine on ¼ mile i done 18.012 at 74mph

but i can do better because the tarmac was too much sticky and the car can't start correctly

i lunch at 4500-5000 rpm ans my 60 feet in 3.5 sec

so for a stock MC it's not too bad but for people look at me when i race vs a 94 honda civic with a B18C5 turbo ... YOUTCH a big slam on me ahah XD

the video if you want too watch me race vs that civic : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHAaEuxMCCc

·
Registered
20 Posts
17.100 at 130 km/h. mods no cat, coolant bypass and no ac belt. i am from mexico and my city is at300m above sea level

·
Registered
157 Posts
well i raced eric ....and won!!!! lmao..... fastest time was a 16.1 at 79 mph i know i can do better i will go back in a week or so and spray a full shot ... bearly sprayed in 2nd gear .... once again i am an automatic MC ....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you guys driving automatics? Cause Ive driven both the auto and the standard trannys and I could see the autos with these times but the sticks feel like they should be doing mid 16s at least without spray.
Because with a standard 2010 accent sport anyhow it feels just as fast as my old naturally asperated 87 supra with the 7MGE and I ran it 16.6

·
Registered
83 Posts
QUOTE (ksim19 @ Aug 6 2010, 12:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347492
Are you guys driving automatics? Cause Ive driven both the auto and the standard trannys and I could see the autos with these times but the sticks feel like they should be doing mid 16s at least without spray.
Because with a standard 2010 accent sport anyhow it feels just as fast as my old naturally asperated 87 supra with the 7MGE and I ran it 16.6
Mines manual... I would be able to shave some time off the reaction time if I were to go often. Our cars are quick in first and second... after that we lose a lot of acceleration. I've tried against a lot of cars so far at the 1/8th mile and the 1/4 mile. The 1/8th I won a lot more races (yaris / echo / civics) But at the 1/4 mile most stock civics and such passed in front of me. But I was always in front in 1st and 2nd gear.. the second I switch to 3rd they inched past me.

·
Registered
157 Posts
QUOTE (ksim19 @ Aug 5 2010, 11:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347492
yes i have an automatic ...... and like i've been telling every one i only spryed in 2nd ... with a 60. shot of nitrous .......and ran a 16.1 ....so i'm happy ... when i go next time i will spray the same 60 shot but the whole time ... i belive my time should be mid 15's .....hoping fo low 15's ...... wish me luck guy's !!!!!!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
QUOTE (07accent1.6 @ Aug 6 2010, 04:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347653
yes i have an automatic ...... and like i've been telling every one i only spryed in 2nd ... with a 60. shot of nitrous .......and ran a 16.1 ....so i'm happy ... when i go next time i will spray the same 60 shot but the whole time ... i belive my time should be mid 15's .....hoping fo low 15's ...... wish me luck guy's !!!!!!!
here's my time slip against [eric] Leppriki <---- not sure how to spell it ..lol ...... anyways only sprayed in 2nd and let off towards the end to throw on the flasher's lmao ...next week i will go again and have video and time slip's so be ready ...... i wan't to know who has the fastest 3 door accent .... turbo's ..nitrous ... what ever !!!!!!

[attachment=19688:d.bmp]

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
QUOTE (07accent1.6 @ Aug 7 2010, 06:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347862
here's my time slip against [eric] Leppriki <---- not sure how to spell it ..lol ...... anyways only sprayed in 2nd and let off towards the end to throw on the flasher's lmao ...next week i will go again and have video and time slip's so be ready ...... i wan't to know who has the fastest 3 door accent .... turbo's ..nitrous ... what ever !!!!!!

[attachment=19688:d.bmp]
Hmm.. I wonder how I got a higher MPH and slower time... :S

EDIT: Oh never mind just saw... automatic

If you could shave some time off the reaction.. you would be in the 15's. Which wouldn't be too bad.

·
Registered
157 Posts
QUOTE (HyundaiSR @ Aug 12 2010, 03:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348992
Hmm.. I wonder how I got a higher MPH and slower time... :S

EDIT: Oh never mind just saw... automatic

If you could shave some time off the reaction.. you would be in the 15's. Which wouldn't be too bad.
reaction time is how long it take u to react to the light .... but ure time wont start until u actully leave the line so i could have waited 3 sec longer and time would have been the same ......

only reason my mph was so low ... is because i sprayed in 2nd gear and let off because i wasn't used to the nitrous so i was making sure that the automatic transmission wasn't gonna explode lol... and then the tracked close so i couldn't get another run in .... to go all out !!!!

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
haha you only beat me with NOS, on the first run i beat you by 16.7 and i also miss gear but i still beat ya :)

next time we'll see how we do.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts