Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can anyone tell me how to remove the Accent dash board so I can remove the factory Audio unit with a new one? I can only see two screws behind the ashtray, but this does not allow the unit to come out....

HELP ! ! :( ! ! :(

·
Registered
1,221 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm not sure about the newer accents, but I have the old accent (1999 reg) and all you do is remove the two screws behind the ashtray (which you have already found) and then pull off the facia (a bit difficult) - the rest is held in with metal clips (which I found pinged off behind the center console :angry: ).

It will be quite hard to pull the facia out as it has all the buttons and dials attached to it - so unpluggin a few might make things a bit easier, but the heater controls are attached by cables and will try and pull the facia back in. I managed to change my head unit without removing these, so it is possible.

Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Usually I also remove 2 screws at right side and behind center panel. These screws connect thermocontrol/heater control lever from center panel to blower box.
Then you will have more space to replace your audio system. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi. Amazing co-incidence but I've just this minuted joined the forum. Anyway, to remove the audio unit you have to remove the cables going to the air outlet units. If you open the glove compartment fully you will see a cable with a loot at the end, unclip this. (You'll probably need to remove the cable from its clip-on brackets to give a bit of slack). On the other side of the audio unit you will find two more similat cables, unclip these as well. Open the drinks tray and you'll see two retaining screws, if you take these out you can remove the central unit. I've recently done this on a 2001 Accent (right hand drive). Regards Anthony.

Originally posted by shabbir2q@Dec 31 2004, 01:01 PM
Hi, can anyone tell me how to remove the Accent dash board so I can remove the factory Audio unit with a new one? I can only see two screws behind the ashtray, but this does not allow the unit to come out....

HELP ! ! :(  ! ! :(
[snapback]4237[/snapback]​

1 - 5 of 5 Posts