276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm not posting very often but I must post this picture :

I'll try to get more pics and info.

By the way, this is really lame.

·
Registered
515 Posts
interesting...are the headlights modded to have the led streak that new audi's have as well? Can't tell...

·
Super Moderator
3,773 Posts
WHY??? :puzzled:   Was it a joke, or does someone really want to give others the impression that their Hyundai econobox is actaully an Audi?  :grin:  lol!

But while I do not understand this, I do have to agree it wasn't a hack job.  Probably a lot of money went into making this happen.  I've seen far worse. 

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
it doesnt flow with the rest of the car, probably if he/she have done a body kit then maybe. More likely still a work in progress vehicle.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The guy that owns that is a clown...

I've seen him 3 times around town... everytime I cross him on the road he gives me this look and revs at me lol

The last time I crossed him , he reved and I slapped my hand on my face as I looked at him. He had this confused look on him.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (HyundaiSR @ May 31 2010, 10:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328295
The guy that owns that is a clown...

I've seen him 3 times around town... everytime I cross him on the road he gives me this look and revs at me lol

The last time I crossed him , he reved and I slapped my hand on my face as I looked at him. He had this confused look on him.
Which town?

·
Registered
157 Posts
ok i know it looks a lil gotty but think about an inter-cooler ... that front end would be perfect ..... would like to know what all went in to that

·
Registered
810 Posts
That looks terrible. The grille doesn't fit at all and you can tell - look how the top of the hood sits on the top of the grille. It's all lopsided and it's forced the hood up a bit too. If he was going to do that much work cutting the old bumper up and piecing it together on the Audi one, he could have cut out a section below the grille and pieced it back together afterwards so it would align better. And he'd definitely need to fill the section where the top of the Hyundai logo goes even if he does fix it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Nothing is coming together here, totally agreed.

Looked like a ton of work.... any non-appearance mods? Happen to know?

·
Registered
709 Posts
From all of the hack-job bumper grill jobs ive seen, this is actually one of the better ones.

I think this would look really good, if he got rid of the very out of place audi badge, and had a body shop rework the metal on the hood so it all lines up. I cant imagine it costs any more than doing a boser hood on a VW. Now if he mixed this up with some LED headlight work, he may be on to something.

I think its the start of what could be some really nice body work.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
To be honest, I think it would look amazing if they left the hyundai emblem on the front. That's just my opponion. I mean picture it.
The only thing that's ruining it is the lieing audi logo on the front.

·
Registered
59 Posts
There is the Audi A-4, the Audi A-8 and now........ the Audi A-ccent :blink:

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Well speechless....tried to find out some info about it on monchar.com....just found out there are lots of Quebec & French
Hyundai enthusiasts out there :thumbsup:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
QUOTE (ausom accent 9 @ Jun 1 2010, 04:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328532
Well speechless....tried to find out some info about it on monchar.com....just found out there are lots of Quebec & French
Hyundai enthusiasts out there :thumbsup:
I tried too... no info on monchar.com. And yes there's a nice community out there. Quebec loves small cars!

QUOTE (HyundaiSR @ Jun 1 2010, 05:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328559
Rosemere / St-Eustache
Since I've been living and working near Boisbriand, Rosemere, Ste-Therese, Blainville, etc. I find it hard to beleive that I didn't see that before.

One thing I do like about the car is the rear wheel fitment.. Looks pretty good from the pictures!

·
Registered
83 Posts
QUOTE (PaCHeKo! @ Jun 1 2010, 06:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328593
I tried too... no info on monchar.com. And yes there's a nice community out there. Quebec loves small cars!

Since I've been living and working near Boisbriand, Rosemere, Ste-Therese, Blainville, etc. I find it hard to beleive that I didn't see that before.

One thing I do like about the car is the rear wheel fitment.. Looks pretty good from the pictures!
Saw him at canadian tire last week in st-eustache, and 2 times in Rosemere this weekend , near the train station / microbrasserie where there was a bunch of garage sales going on.

--Probably have more chances finding him on Montrealracing.

As for the wheel fitment.. i wonder if he put on spacers back there. I took measurements this weekend, and I'm good for 3/4 inch on the rear wheels, but in the front, we're not sure if I should put some there.

·
Registered
222 Posts
He should have also just put the accent fog lights on there, I wonder what people did when the walked around the back and saw the hyundai badge on there?

and on the right side you can see what looks like a sweet decal or something....

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Definitely has spacers on the rear or he bought wheels with different offsets. The rear track is 10mm narrower than the front.

You can see it here. My car only needs a 10-15mm spacer to put the rear wheels flush with the fender like the front.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts