Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased a new Accent 2013 in Montreal last year and at first didn't notice that there was only one exterior door lock on the drivers side.

But for the past few weeks I have been having key issues where it gets stuck in the lock for no reason and it has to be pulled really hard to get out. Now with the winter coming I'm kinda getting worried.

If I lock the passenger side and forget to take something out of the car, I have to go around to unlock the doors from the drivers side, go around to take the items and then go back to the drivers door to lock all 4 doors. It's getting frustrating.

Is only one lock a standard these days or only a way to get people to buy remote to unlock the car?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I've had my 2012 for over a year and a half and after reading your post, I just noticed that I also only have one door lock :)

I guess the reason I've never noticed is that I have the keyless entry and normally use the fob rather than the key to open the door. I guess it's cheaper to have one door with a key and then use that for all trim levels.

If the key is sticking, I'd drop it by the dealer and get them to fix it. That should be covered under warranty.....

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Single key...

Greetings, My Sonata has the same set-up. Drivers side only. Now, I have the remote entry so it is no big deal. There is no key lock for the trunk also. Either the FOB or the drivers door switch to gain access to the trunk. I actually don't know if the lock works. Never tried it. :)

Do you have remote entry available for your Accent?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Our 5door GS has lock on both sides. I don’t think it has anything to do with car value at purchase. I say that because since reading this thread, I have been looking at different cars and noticed I see more that doesn’t have key on passenger side than does. This includes all makes and models including more expensive ones.

By the way ours does have remote lock and still has lock on both sides.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
2012 accent se 5 door hatchback here. Both doors have a key lock. Don't feel bad for not noticing, my car is almost 2 years old and I had to go look to see. cheers.

·
Registered
296 Posts
My sedan doesn't have a key lock on the passenger side either. I only use the keyless entry so it doesn't bother me, plus it's one less rust trap. :)

·
Registered
574 Posts
The company car I drive, a 2012 Nissan Versa, has only one lock and NO keyless entry. It can be a royal [email protected]$$ when I have an armload of stuff to go in the trunk. Have to set it all down, unlock the door with the key, then hit the inside lock to release the hatch. Cheapness.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I posted this earlier, but i have the GLS version which does not have a keyless entry remote, and it has only 1 door lock (driver side)

i bought the Amazon.com: Crimestopper SP-101 Deluxe 1-Way Alarm and Keyless Entry System: Automotive

from amazon thinking that one day i will work on it, but so far i have not had the time to get it installed. (i'm also a bit scared with all the wiring and splicing and relays cuz i don't know anything yet)

i also read somewhere that we need to take off the inside driver door and attach something else, so see if we can get it to work. :( long story short, i bought it thinking it's pretty simple, but i had given up so it's collecting dust right now.

anyone can guide me to a work up i would greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I posted this earlier, but i have the GLS version which does not have a keyless entry remote, and it has only 1 door lock (driver side)

i bought the Amazon.com: Crimestopper SP-101 Deluxe 1-Way Alarm and Keyless Entry System: Automotive

from amazon thinking that one day i will work on it, but so far i have not had the time to get it installed. (i'm also a bit scared with all the wiring and splicing and relays cuz i don't know anything yet)

i also read somewhere that we need to take off the inside driver door and attach something else, so see if we can get it to work. :( long story short, i bought it thinking it's pretty simple, but i had given up so it's collecting dust right now.

anyone can guide me to a work up i would greatly appreciate it!

I don't know much about car alarms or keyless entry but I think that you will need a lock actuator for the drivers side door. Something like this New Aapex Universal Power Door Lock Actuator Motor 12 Volt 8 8lb Torq 7 8"Travel | eBay

·
Registered
419 Posts
At least our cars have at least one actual outside keyed lock, my wifes car has a grand total of "O." Fob stops working for some reason, then no driving until it gets fixed. I think having only one is perfect, but my 2012 GLS also has one for the trunk.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
The company car I drive, a 2012 Nissan Versa, has only one lock and NO keyless entry. It can be a royal [email protected]$$ when I have an armload of stuff to go in the trunk. Have to set it all down, unlock the door with the key, then hit the inside lock to release the hatch. Cheapness.
The Nissan Versa sedan is a wonder of inexpensive, but reliable, functional appeal for those who loved to save thousands of dollars. If your company is as thrifty in their other areas, as their car buying, your company must be excellently viable in these days of company bankruptcies. Feel good that you can contribute to viability by using a metal key.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i bought my 2013 Hacht GL in Montreal also, and i only have one door lock on the driver side!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts