Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone and happy Holidays, Lately I want it to do something different to my car, i have already 3 months since i bought it, i have in my to change the stereo factory from my Accent 2007 and change it with the one that comes with the 2008 model, i don't if that will be possible or if that will represent any issues. Does anyone know if that is possible? and if so what do i need to do?

Thank you in advance :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Don't see why not they both should gave the same dimensions. Ull just have to wire it up right! Things u needs 2008 stereo, trim removal tools, knowledge of the wiring/diagram, and crimps.. And about an hour or two if uve never done this before.

·
Registered
763 Posts
you trying to do the USB/AUX/MP3 stereo huh?

Im planning on doing this too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Trim removal tools: a small flat screwdriver will do. If you are worried about scratches on the dashboard, put an electric tape over the edge.

My car came with no stereo, so I put in one myself.

·
Super Moderator
3,773 Posts
Just a little FYI...

The stock AM/FM/CD stereo in the 2006-2007's had only one plug on the wiring harness. The 2008+ AM/FM/XM/CD/MP3 unit has two and some proprietary antenna connector instead of the traditional Motorola type. So don't expect a plug and play swap.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
+1. at that point its probably just a major pain in the butt to try and rewire everything manually and in the end ONLY have a stereo that sounds no better than the one you replaced.

I would be looking at aftermarket stereos with the features you want, buy the dash kit and plug and play wiring kit and have a new stereo installed in a half hour with no headaches and no worry of hacking up the wiring in your car.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
+1. at that point its probably just a major pain in the butt to try and rewire everything manually and in the end ONLY have a stereo that sounds no better than the one you replaced.

I would be looking at aftermarket stereos with the features you want, buy the dash kit and plug and play wiring kit and have a new stereo installed in a half hour with no headaches and no worry of hacking up the wiring in your car.
This, so very much this. Swapping an '07 with an '08 is just a step sideways. Go aftermarket.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a little FYI...

The stock AM/FM/CD stereo in the 2006-2007's had only one plug on the wiring harness. The 2008+ AM/FM/XM/CD/MP3 unit has two and some proprietary antenna connector instead of the traditional Motorola type. So don't expect a plug and play swap.
i guess that will be my main issue, the reason I want it to change it, is because I would like to keep my car upgraded without adding much of non "original parts", keeping intact at least the body but when you look under the hood is something else :p but thanks this is good to know

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanks! I'll keep looking maybe I will find an aftermarket stereo that looks like if already comes with the car from factory :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
While I was looking for this 2008 stereos what caught my attention was that it said on the description that antitheft code might be needed or something like that for thestero to work D:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts