Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have 2007 accent.
Its AC compressor lately has failed , I visited the mechanic and he told it is not cooling anymore and I have to replace it, so I have visited the hyundai dealer asking about new one and its price was $2190 , actually the AC compressor price is more expensive than the car price :)

So the mechanic told me I will install used AC compressor but for another model and it is stronger AC compressor but it will work and I agreed and it worked colder than the original one. but there is a new problem.
the new problem is the new stronger AC compressor makes the engine stall . how : when the car is on P or N the rpm is 800 if the AC kicks ON or OFF there is no problem . But when i put D the rpm will become less than 800 and it will become 600 and when the AC kicks ON the rpm goes below 500 and the engine stall and the car stops.

so I did by my self and increased the screw on the throttle and increase the rpm to from 800 to 1000 , so now , on N or P the rpm now is 1000 instead of 800, but the problem the rpm on D still 600 same as before .
the question why the rpm on D did not get more value ? how i can increase the rpm on D to 800 or 900 ? is it ECU programming ? because the throttle rpm screw did not work !

by the way i did ECU reset after I increased the rpm but the D still read 600 rpm .

Thanks alot

·
Registered
7,746 Posts
First make sure the Idle Air Control valve is clean and working properly. It's easy to take off and clean. Only goes on one way.

On a Ford I had I needed to increase the idle speed, which you really can't do with out programming a higher rpm. But you can make sure the IAC valve has plenty of 'headroom' to operate.

So I disconnected the electrical IAC connector, screwed the throttle stop in to speed up the idle. The started the car and backed the idle down to where it would idle OK but slower than stock. Then plug the IAC back in and disconnect the battery.

The ECU will use timing for small idle speed corrections, it wil always try to stay at the factory setting usually around 750-800 or so.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First make sure the Idle Air Control valve is clean and working properly. It's easy to take off and clean. Only goes on one way.

On a Ford I had I needed to increase the idle speed, which you really can't do with out programming a higher rpm. But you can make sure the IAC valve has plenty of 'headroom' to operate.

So I disconnected the electrical IAC connector, screwed the throttle stop in to speed up the idle. The started the car and backed the idle down to where it would idle OK but slower than stock. Then plug the IAC back in and disconnect the battery.

The ECU will use timing for small idle speed corrections, it wil always try to stay at the factory setting usually around 750-800 or so.
Thanks Red Raspberry , I will try this recommendation and update you. Thanks alot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts