Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Hyundai Accent, 72,000 miles. On Friday, I was driving uphill and the RPMs fluctuated suddenly, check engine comes on, car runs rough home. I check the codes w/ diagnostic tool, get a P0301 for 1st cylinder misfire. Have read a lot about the coil packs going faulty, so I overnighted some new ones that were recommended. Switched the faulty 1st to 2nd and 4th to test, code popped up as 0302 and 0304 so I figured it must've been the case. Replaced the first, everything is solid, so I went ahead and replaced all four while I was in there.

Driving around is fine; check engine is off, seems to run ok except one weird thing. At 2,000 rpm, specifically when accelerating in drive and when going uphill, I get a strange rattling near the driver's side from the engine. It's only at 2,000 rpm, not above or below. It's hard to pinpoint because it only happens when in drive. I went back and checked that everything I came across when putting the new coil packs in was secured firmly.

Any ideas what might be going on?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I have a 2009 Hyundai Accent, 72,000 miles. On Friday, I was driving uphill and the RPMs fluctuated suddenly, check engine comes on, car runs rough home. I check the codes w/ diagnostic tool, get a P0301 for 1st cylinder misfire. Have read a lot about the coil packs going faulty, so I overnighted some new ones that were recommended. Switched the faulty 1st to 2nd and 4th to test, code popped up as 0302 and 0304 so I figured it must've been the case. Replaced the first, everything is solid, so I went ahead and replaced all four while I was in there.

Driving around is fine; check engine is off, seems to run ok except one weird thing. At 2,000 rpm, specifically when accelerating in drive and when going uphill, I get a strange rattling near the driver's side from the engine. It's only at 2,000 rpm, not above or below. It's hard to pinpoint because it only happens when in drive. I went back and checked that everything I came across when putting the new coil packs in was secured firmly.

Any ideas what might be going on?
check motor mounts
check stabilizer linkages
check muffler mounts

1 - 2 of 2 Posts