Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Does anyone know the part number for the APS sensor ? and does anyone know anywhere stocking them.
After several hours online I have found one place ,autodoc, who have them on their site but are out of stock (does not show the Hyundia part number with the item). One other place has the complete pedal unit but at £389.95 it's too expensive to take a chance it fixes the problem.
The problem is one on this forum several times, the car starts at lowish reves but the accelerator is dead. Switch off and back on and it fixed the problem, this happened 3 times over the last 4 years so was not a problem, till now it does it ever 5 or 6 starts and switching off and back on does not fix it I have to leave it for an hour or two and then it goes ok usually but it is getting worse. Runs perfect otherwise.
We have change mas sensor cleaned erg run diagnostics and they say everthing is fine ? the garage phone Hyundia manchester who said "oh we had one like that did everthing you have done but it didnt fix it, we gave up and sent it back to the customer" So now my man although he has run scan on the pedal sensors says he just has a feeling when working it the pedal does not feel right or respond as he expects, he admits its just a "feeling"
He has even looked on here and tried several of the ideas offered by other threads even though the diagnostics say they are ok.
David

·
Registered
138 Posts
are you sure the diagnostics being used are compatible with the unusual Terrancan software?
This should show up as a fault current or historic.
Do you have or experienced any management warning light issues?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,277 Posts
Hello David, sorry to hear the Terracan is playing up again.

I didn't know the sensor was available as a separate part. Whenever I've had to replace an APS it's always been supplied as a complete pedal.

Do you know who manufactured your pedal? Take a look and see if there are any manufacturer marking on it such as Bosch, Hella or Delphi. I suppose the part number of the sensor for your particular pedal will depend on who made it. The pedals aren't manufactured by Hyundai themselves.

I'm not sure how the "feel" of the pedal would explain your problem since the engine PCM can't "feel" it. If the output of the two sensors is within spec it's unlikely to be a problem with the pedal.

Regards.
Scott.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Accelerator

Hi again Scott, hi comandooo
Comandooo first, the mas sensor showed an error code so it was changed erg was clogged so it was cleaned and the diagnostics showed quite a few settings needed resetting/correcting, at no time has the engine management light come on. It actually runs very much more smoothly since except it has twice once after I had it back and once while back with my garage started but at low revs i.e. 5/650 rpm and throttle is dead. switch off back on usually cures it when it occured 4 times over the last 5 years til latley now sometimes it fixes sometimes it seems if left then tried it fixes.
Autospark
hi the sensor I found on this sight www.autodoc some how or other when I looked again I could not find it BUT luckily I printed it out and if you put this in exactly it brings up the out of stock page
https//www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/sensor-accelerator-position-12901/hyundia/terracan/terracan-hp/17424-2-9-crdi-4wd
The pedal in position only has a hyundia paper sticker I can see on which I can make out 32720H1175 this IS the part number as I verified Friday.
As mentioned in first post a firm I have used for a genuine wiper moter sgPetch located in middlesbourgh, they appear to have I recall 3 depots with m/bourgh being Hyundia they had a genuine Throttle unit for £389 (also on ebay). I also found an apparant source in the USA and Korea.
I phoned the parts manager I know in Hyundia Inverness (long story) as the USA (£54 plus import tax etc) one said it fited but had a code 32720H1080, and the Korea one (£80 plus taxes) 32720H1075 so both not quite correct, anyway Inverness comfirmed the sticker correct the others for different varients. He also said he can see one on ebay (the egPetch one) thats right and the original Hyundia price, but Hyundia central stores have just two left and they are selling off for £120. When the best used secondhand price I was offered was £130 I took the chance and had him get me one should with me early next week.
As for the "feel" they scoped as being ok but the garage guy said were "hard" to get to read and pedal movement seemed long at the very start idle postion before acting, so as its a moving part and I assume are like reostates with a moving part across windings (I am also very proberly wrong) so maybe the accelorator has a intermitant fault at its parked position which possibly ties in with the switching off and on not being the instant cure each time anymore with one or other not giving a matching readout acceptable by the bit of brain they report to so it stops the throttle working.
We will eventually find out, incidentally be running fine since it came home friday.
David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts