Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people just new to this forum in a hope that the community can answer my question. Firstly my other half has just got her 1st car an i20 1.2 on a 59 plate UK. Now I test drove it and it felt OK apart from I was unintentionally giving it a few more revs but just thought it was normal as I wasn't used to driving it and I personally drive a ford focus diesel. When my Mrs got in for the 1st time she was having so much difficulty getting the car moving smoothly. She stalled it countless times as not enough gas but then when she did give it more the slightest of presses and were revving up to around 3000. Now this was happening with the faintest of touches which from what I remember was the same for me. So is this normal for this car or do I need to look at the throttle cable like I have read. Any insight would be great. Cheers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
jerking surging touchy overly sensitive accelerator

This seems to be a common issue among the Hyundai/Kia family.
There does not seem to be anyone getting this resolved from their Dealers.
I do recommend you bring this up with your Dealer and be firm that you want it fixed.
Hyundai Technical Team need to get this issue fix in all there affected models.

This will defiantly impact there sales.
If I had known about his is before I would have not purchased my new car from Hyundai.
This is a deal breaker with compromised drivability.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts