Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2005 Sonata 4 cylinder, Automatic.
When accelerating, especially going up hills my car is bogging down and not moving as fast as it should.
In March of this year 2013, I had the 60,000 mile Tune-up done.
Does anyone have the same issue as me and if so can you please help me.
Thanks
P.S. June 2013 of this year my car shut down on the freeway and I had to have it towed. The mechanic replaced the ignition coil. I had this issue before the replacement, just for your info.

·
Registered
548 Posts
have you checked for codes? there's 3 types... present, pending, and history...present codes are the only ones to make CEL turn on, so check anyway if not on...need someplace to start. So far not much to go on.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I don't know if you know this, but many chain auto parts places do a "check engine light" scan FREE of charge. So don't think you have to go to a shop or anything to retrieve possible codes. Good Luck!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm assuming the issue has persisted since the coil replacement? I would check the intake and maybe the fuel delivery system. Do you know what plugs were put in with the tune up service?

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
When accelerating, especially going up hills my car is bogging down and not moving as fast as it should.
Many parts of the country are having exceptional HEAT this year.....causing the AC to work harder and longer.

Many cars have this issue when the AC is going full blast.
Could that be part (or most) of the problem ??

My Elantra certainly has this problem. I've been tempted to turn the ECO off in hopes that it will downshift a little quicker but haven't really tried that yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm assuming the issue has persisted since the coil replacement? I would check the intake and maybe the fuel delivery system. Do you know what plugs were put in with the tune up service?
The issue was before and continued after the coil replacement.
But sears put the wrong ngk plugs in and so another mechanic replaced the plugs with correct ones which were denso iridium power plugs,
part #lW16#4 5305#4

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Question...
When Sears put in Copper plugs and the manufacturer does not recommend this, would this cause the ignition coil to fail after one year?
I am trying to get reimbursed for the tow and repair and if not then at least for the incorrect plugs.
Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts