Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i went to purchase the second hand "2003 Hyundai Getz" .When i test drove the car i feel very nice,everything is nice in the car but one thing which it lacks is acceleration is bit slow,it response below my expectation, not like the manual transmission.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Britty, i had the same feeling too (note that i did not use the word problem) but all this was rectified when i installed a performance air intake to my Getz. At first i was worried about it making my getz consuming more petrol but i was shocked when i clocked better mileage. I was shocked but when i consulted the mechanics they too confirm that a few getz owners got better mileage and performance in pick up when they did install one too. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi getzgetz!

Can you give me some more information or links about this performance air intake that can be installed on Getz?

Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Originally posted by Britty@Jul 21 2004, 03:30 PM
Today i went to purchase the second hand "2003 Hyundai Getz" .When i test drove the car i feel very nice,everything is nice in the car but one thing which it lacks is acceleration is bit slow,it response below my expectation, not like the manual transmission.
[snapback]215[/snapback]​

u tested the 1.3L getz right/
please dun compare your 1.3L 82BPH with the Mazda RX8 1300CC rotary engine.
do u know that the whole body weigh of the getz is about 1 tonne? it is about 1030kg+-

come on... the engine capacity is 1341CC then fetch a small and heavy body, and your weigh too, what do u expect?
aiyoi~...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello,
Each car is designed and will performed exactly (most of the time, I believe) to design when leaving the factory.

Then performance will change due to many factors. Go to this place and get some information.
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/why_differ_detailed.shtml

The webpage is reputable - we do trust Uncle Sam; dont' we?

There are improvement gadgets - try this one www.xtreme-101.com

Best of hope for you to enjoy the ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts