Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My turn with the AC issues!

2017 Tucson. Waves of warm and cold air. Short trips, long trips, doesn't matter. I've noticed a musty type smell a few times as well, but the dealer attributed that to the cabin air filter. Pass.

I've always thought the A/C seemed weak, but this summer has been ridiculous. A 2 hour drive in 90 degree heat with waves of cool air mixed with mostly warm air finally got me to take it in.

The service bulletin for the temp sensor was done, but they also found the Freon levels to be low. I raised the point that Freon should only be low if there is a leak somewhere, but they won't budge on charging me for the Freon since their dye test isn't showing any leaks yet.

Hopefully the issue is fixed, but I'm not holding my breath. Next appointment ill be asking for my bill from this trip to be refunded.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Freon should never be "low" unless there is a leak. They should have put UV dye in and asked you to go back in a week or so after using the AC (by using the ac the dye should leak out wherever there is a leak) - If they haven't asked you to return in a weeks time I would call in and ask to book an appointment. If it ends up being warranty related (defective seal or something) I would ask for the money back for the initial charge. If the dealer wont budge call Hyundai and complain.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dye was used, but no leak detected ( I call BS)

I fully plan to return in a few weeks and make them check for a leak that clearly exists.

19 months, freon levels shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Whew, I was not sure if I am only person but same thing to my Tucson. I will have to make appointment with Hyundai.

·
Registered
56 Posts
my issue with AC is the fact that apparently there is ZERO floor level air conditioning available

i often find my legs getting warm while my upper body is being frozen due to the lack of floor or under dash a/c vents

am i the only one experiencing this?

just seems odd that even when on legs and upper body mode there is still virtually NO airflow beneath the dash level

super weird issue that I just can't get my head wrapped around

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my issue with AC is the fact that apparently there is ZERO floor level air conditioning available

i often find my legs getting warm while my upper body is being frozen due to the lack of floor or under dash a/c vents

am i the only one experiencing this?

just seems odd that even when on legs and upper body mode there is still virtually NO airflow beneath the dash level

super weird issue that I just can't get my head wrapped around
The A/C in this car is the only complaint I have. It just seems so under powered unless you crank it up to 4.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Best of luck with your A/C issues, do not be afraid to get multiple opinions. A/C troubleshooting is a solid step-by-step science, no one should be guessing how to fix your problem, if they are, they aren't very good at their job and you will pay $$$$$$$. Training manuals include step by step instructions on how to diagnose any problem with the proper equipment.

I actually just helped someone with this advice two weeks ago. A new hire at my company was complaining about her car A/C, how she has taken it to two techs in the past and spent over 1500 to "fix" it, but it's still not working as it should. she was about to buy a new car, but since she's new to the phoenix area, i told her to try another tech, google/yelp to find someone where people rav about their A/C troubleshooting skills. She did, spent 200 bucks, the problem is actually fixed now. Good luck.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Best of luck. My father has a car which needs AC refrigerant top-up every summer. He's been to dealerships, local service centers, specialized AC service centers, nobody could find any leak. I bought a much cheaper car and for the 6 years that I've owned it I never had any AC issues (same manufacturers)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts