Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the Sonata parked in the sun most of the day on Saturday while I was cleaning the garage. Pulled it back in Saturday night and Sunday morning when I get in to leave and turn on the AC and adjust the vents I see what looks like melted plastic on the vents itself. So I get a piece a paper and poke at it and it gooey but not sticky. Do they use some type of lubricant to keep the vents from sticking? Has anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I haven't noticed anything like that, but I do have a 'sticking' AC button on my head unit. When the weather is cool, it pushes in and pops out with no problems. When the weather has been warm, it pushes in but doesn't pop out. I've been to my local dealer and let them know about it, but I'll probably push them on it a little in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I noticed this too about 2 weeks ago.. I mostly park my car out on my driveway when im at home and also outdoors when I am at work too.. well one day I was out and turned on the ac also and thats when I noticed this too so I rolled up a napkin to see what it was and it wasnt sticky but was gooey too.. I freaked out I thought the plastic melted from sitting in the sun too much until I thought maybe they did this on purpose like put some oil or lube so that the vents moved smoothly so that the plastic didnt rub against each other as you moved the vent wheel around when positioning it..
I hope my guess is right..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts