Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope you can help me out.
I have a 2007 Sontata GLS V6

I just went on a small road trip. Toronto - Chicago - Toronto, Sat-Sun. Basically 9 hours 1 way and 8 back.

AC was on the whole time, on the way back stopped 3 hours into the drive to use the washroom, and when I started the car the AC did NOT.

I called the dealer and they want $129.99 to look at it to tell me whats wrong. Does anyone have any ideas?

·
Banned
335 Posts
Are you still under your Canadian Comprehensive Warranty? It is not uncommon to ask for Shop Rate charge of a Hour or so before looking!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm at 145,000km. I did purchase extended warranty. 8 Years/ 160KM. I was hoping it is something simple. How many fuses are there for the AC? Is it just the main 1? or others?

·
Banned
335 Posts
We have a Tech/Member who can answer that question. I rented a new 97 Sonata once and the Compressor blew in the middle of the Desert. It can
be so many different items but hopefully it will be up and blowing soon!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (raxa @ Aug 30 2010, 11:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=352978
I'm at 145,000km. I did purchase extended warranty. 8 Years/ 160KM. I was hoping it is something simple. How many fuses are there for the AC? Is it just the main 1? or others?

System has to have pressure to trip one of the switches for PCM to know we have gas

PCM needs to see A/C switch signal to go along with we have gas, then it (PCM) will charge the A?C relay to run the compressor.

There is a 10A fuse for the compressor' field coil..

Common problem is open circuit of field coil, but need to verify with DVOM

Signals to and from PCM can be verified in current data screen of scan tool (I prefer GDS)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I made an appointment to bring it in tomorrow morning, will take the $ hit, it is almost 40 with the humidity so I need the AC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts