Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new on this forum I have a 2007 Tucson that has been my commuter for years with little problem

The AC on the Tucson has always been very good, suddenly in traffic it got warm and has been so ever since. I found three fuses and a relay for the system and all fuses are good, I rolled the relay with the horn relay as they are the same, no change. The compressor is not cycling on and the fuse labeled acon sw has no power to it in the crash panel, the other fuse labeled acon does have a supply as do the under hood fuse and relay, the indicator light on the controller is on. I have been looking for a schematic to track where the missing power is sourced and the ones I have found don't reference the fuses by the panel designation which makes it really confusing. Anyone familiar with this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found a wiring diagram, but it is for the 2.0 and I have the 2.7 although I doubt that changes the air conditioning wiring.
The diagram references a third fuse panel, one is the crash zone to the left side of the dash and the under hood box and the third is under the left side of the dash listed as I/P junction box with numbered fuses, but what I see looks like a circuit card box with card edge connectors and I don't see how it opens which most fuse boxes are easy to access, anyone got a hint?

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
You need to check pressures. You may need gas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need to check pressures. You may need gas.
Normally I would agree, but a system that is typically turned down because it works well then in minutes blows warm would mean a rupture with total gas loss. The compressor doesn't run.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Need to see what the pressure are doing to have a clue at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took forever to get back to the vehicle, life gets in the way! I checked the static pressure and it was 105 PSI, that was with the engine off as it would not matter without the compressor running, I checked and saw 12V on the compressor circuit but need to re verify as enough time and my memory sometimes are at odds. I am thinking the clutch failed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How many miles do you have ? If your kompressor is blown you might have to bite the bullet and replace it. And if you’re unlucky then you need a new condenser too. 1500$ right there. Unless you are confident to do this work yourself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Clutch coil is open, power gets there but no engagement, powered direct from battery and no click or engage, I can get the coil (Halla ) system but holding the clutch without the special tool is tough so I am making a holding tool to remove the little bolt that holds it all together!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts