Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having these symptoms with their ac in the 2014 Sonata limited/found a way to resolve it?

• digital interface for AC is on, temp all the way to max cool. Blower turned all the way to full blast.
  • blower is working - on full blast, you can hear the air moving at the appropriate level.
  • all vents are fully opened (both the directional and main air control.
  • checked the cabin filter to make sure nothing is blocking it.
It sounds like something is blocking the air from coming out (almost like if you covered the hose of a vaccum). The little air that does come out of the vents is cold.

AC will work fine until I turn it down or mess with the AC settings. Then suddenly no air will come out of the vents. Once I pull over, and turn the car off and on 2-3 times, suddenly, the air works again. It sounds like something is being slowly uncovered and then, ta da, air.

Does this sound like the electrical climate control problem that I have read on other forums? It feels like the AC control just "forgets" to rotate the vents/cycle though to the correct mode (upper vents, lower vents, both upper and lower vents, defroster modes) and just points the air no where.

Any advice, root cause, mcgyvering, ect would be helpful. Hoping I need to just replace a fuse or something.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The evaporator may be freezing up if the air flow gradually slows down. Is the cabin air filter clean?

·
Registered
2019 Sonata Sport 2.4L GDI
140 Posts
My car had the exact same problem, but with the heater as this occurred during the winter time. It was like the majority of the blowing air was trapped in the system and couldn't find the vents. The blend door actuators need to be reset by putting them through the relearning process.

·
Registered
2019 Sonata Sport 2.4L GDI
140 Posts
This will work for most.
For non vacuum operated systems (electronic) the module needs to learn the full open and full close positions of the doors.
AC reset
Turn the system on full cold Max AC.
Radio OFF.
Turn ignition OFF.
Pull the HVAC (AC) fuse from interior fuse box. Leave out for 1 minute and replace.
Turn key to run/on position....NOT start.
Do not touch any controls. You'll hear the doors (actuators) being opened and closed. The HVAC module is learning the full open and full close positions. Wait until the system is completely done with the learning process. Less than a minute.
Start and test the system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts