Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day,

I have a 2017 Santa Fe and been having an musty smell coming from my AC when i use it. I have followed the advice of many and used 70% alcohol spray through the vent below the windshield wipers. I also am noticing very little water being released under the car.
My question is: Where is the drain tube as I feel it may be plugged. I have been under the vehicle and cannot find it. The owners manual is no help and Hyundai want $100 to look at it. I would appreciate any assistance you can give.
Thanks in advance.
John

·
Registered
199 Posts
This is all I found in my manual.......
ac1.PNG ac2.PNG

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bill. I will give it another look at in the morning. Oddly, there is nothing online to show me either...at least I can’t find it. Thank you, again. John

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, by looking at the diagram, this should be found centrally under the lower heater case.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Just drove 15 miles with AC on, pulled into garage, left running 10 minutes
NOT DROP ONE?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Check your cabin air filter. You could also try one of those odour eliminator spray things.

Also, depending on the environmental humidity, there may be very little A/C condensation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I changed the cabin filter also. I used alcohol spray as well as Lysol spray. I will be going down to the garage this afternoon to look to see if I can find AC drain.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Let us know if you find it and if draining works. I get the same musty smell and have tried the same remedies (with little effect).

·
Registered
199 Posts
Also, depending on the environmental humidity, there may be very little A/C condensation.
Yes, I thought about that, we run about 12-18% now, but I remember my old Windstar
ALWAYS left a small puddle, but I am yet to find a HVAC system to beat Ford's especially
the heaters, the one in my 90 F250 will run you out of the cab.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts