Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question about my 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe SE. The car has 25,000 miles on it, and just recently like in the last 1,000 miles I have notice when I use the AC, or even the air without the AC the engine reacts very poorly like it is under extremely heavy load. The car shakes and vibrates.
I completely understand that in AC mode, the compressor kicks in, but this to me seems excessive.
The car vibrates and the idle drops substantially. AC on is worse that no AC.

In addition, idle or under 35 is worse that HWY driving. The vibration is so pronounced that I sometimes wont turn the AC or air on as the vehicle feels like it is going to rip itself apart.
This is something new and never vibrated this much before the 25,000 miles.

Anything I should look into or have the Hyundai Dealer look into?
Any suggestions that I may be over looking?

Would more stout battery help?

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Anything I should look into or have the Hyundai Dealer look into?
Good heavens yes. That's what a warranty is for.
Would more stout battery help?
No. Your alternator should be doing all the work anyway.

The A/C should never load down the engine so badly that it's an issue, especially when running at speed. I'm wondering if it's really the engine that you are feeling. It would take a misfire or worse to generate that kind of vibration, and that should always set the CEL and a code.

Have you looked to see that the compressor clutch and/or bearing assy isn't falling to bits? At speed, if something is rotating badly out of round, you can get a lot of vibration that way.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks canderson, Your confirmation that it is insane is more than I need! I value your opinion.
I have no codes or anything I did not mean to infer it was the engine falling apart, but more a vibration when the engine is running, and AC turned on or air. I have not looked at the compressor clutch, I think I will take it in to the dealer like suggested. I dont like the possibility of anything falling to bits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts