Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi , I have just changed the driver side relutter ring and both front abs senors but the warning light is STILL on, does this have to be reset or should it go out on its own
trajet 2.0 diesel ctrdi 2002
regards Frank

·
Registered
907 Posts
On all cars (incl. Hyundais) I've seen to date in my shop, ABS lights went off as soon as system is functional again (reluctor rings, sensors or whatever replaced) but SRS/Airbag lights stay on until error actively cleared via diag connector & proper scan tool (no OBD2 cheapo thingies ...).

ABS light should go off after ignition turned on if wiring self test was ok. With a broken ring the light will only go on when you drive.
I assume you still have a sensor or wiring issue. You'll need a scan tool to diagnose properly. If the light is on there will be an error code stored to tell you about the problem, single wheel speeds can be monitored, the pump operated etc. etc.

What sensors did you install ? Reputable brand/OEM or some 5€ things from ebay ? Why did you replace the sensors ? Just throwing parts on the problem ?
Is the air gap set correctly (0.3-1.2mm) ? Is the replaced ring the correct one (47 teeth) ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I recall having a similar issue when I replaced my ABS rings because the existing ones had cracked. I think I had removed the fuse to switch off the ABS to prevent it from constantly kicking in while I was waiting for the parts and I assume it was as a result of this it needed resetting to get the light off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts